Sign in to follow this  
mahlkav

Veteran mode

Hi,

Anyone know how to set a dedicated servers veteran mode options on/off, like using notepad or something... I've have the server way off from home, so if someone had the knowledge how the software sets these, and is willing to share the information to me, you would make my day...

User configuration (like difficulty mode customization) is currently taken from the default user profile under which dedicated server is running. If you are able to run OFP and the same computer, you can use OFP options to change difficulty settings. If not, you can edit UserInfo.cfg in corresponding user directory. If server is running while logged as user "JohnDoe", this file should be placed in Users\JohnDoe\UserInfo.cfg subpath of OFP instalation.

Hope this will help.

Does this apply to dedicated servers? What do dedicated servers run as by default?

If you run the dedic on a non-login system like win98 or so, and the install is fresh de default user is /users/default/ or something. Cant rember for sure but it was self excplicatory. If you use a win2000/XP with loginname (say loginname=joe)

the default directory will be /users/joe/