Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Creating border textures

Hello,

in OFP there are texture borders that combine certain textures (e.g. tv / grass and ps / sand for Everon) and thus edges are noticeable on my 2048x2048 custom texture replacement for Everon (release possible if I figure this out).

What's the best way to create these border textures? I think I remember a tool that allows you to create borders automatically, but maybe I was also dreaming.

In the hope that somebody is still alive here,

Icewindo

I think you might have confused texture making tool with WRPTool feature to automatically replace "uniform" ground textures with transitions, providing the transition textures are available and correctly named. WRPTool manual even makes a point to note that it won't create the textures by itself :tounge2:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

I think you might have confused texture making tool with WRPTool feature to automatically replace "uniform" ground textures with transitions, providing the transition textures are available and correctly named. WRPTool manual even makes a point to note that it won't create the textures by itself :tounge2:

Ok thank you, then I will experiment with masks in GIMP after I have decided on the textures🤔. I think I also understand the transition system now: They go from upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, right? I was pretty confused about the naming at first.

Here's what it currently looks like (with BRG replacement)

6xx4s8s9.jpg

oqfyjisw.jpg

On 3/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, icewindo said:

I think I also understand the transition system now: They go from upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, right?

Ah, no, according to WRP Tool manual it's bottom left, bottom right, upper left, upper right. WRP Tool manual is bundled with 0.950 patch, available here. Even if you don't plan on using WRP Tool itself, the manual goes into some more generic topics of island editing, useful outside of the Tool itself.