Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Mission idea for bas littlebird & deltas/rangers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ Feb. 19 2003,08:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the rangers would fit in well with the SEB Iadrang island, just needs some suitable jungle east units.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't US troops have a jungle uniform or is the woodland camo universal? See this thread.

Tried out that BHD demo from Novalogic. So I know the objectives. What we need is a decent Somalia 'island' for OFP, unofficial I mean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 20 2003,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried out that BHD demo from Novalogic. So I know the objectives. What we need is a decent Somalia 'island' for OFP, unofficial I mean.<span id='postcolor'>

Obviously, desert Malden or Everon will do.

You would need to add some structures to an existing town to make it look larger, more intriguing.

I could easily make an island of Somolia. But, I lack modeling skills so I guess that's out of the question. So I really have no point in posting in this thread!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 20 2003,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 20 2003,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried out that BHD demo from Novalogic. So I know the objectives. What we need is a decent Somalia 'island' for OFP, unofficial I mean.<span id='postcolor'>

You would need to add some structures to an existing town to make it look larger, more intriguing.<span id='postcolor'>

It will make the game so choppy, that's why we need an entirely new island.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 20 2003,10:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 20 2003,07wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 20 2003,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried out that BHD demo from Novalogic. So I know the objectives. What we need is a decent Somalia 'island' for OFP, unofficial I mean.<span id='postcolor'>

You would need to add some structures to an existing town to make it look larger, more intriguing.<span id='postcolor'>

It will make the game so choppy, that's why we need an entirely new island.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm aware of that limitation. Obviously, an existing town with the most minimal amount of addon structures would have to be used and tested to see that it doesn't lag ridiculously.

I've played missions where this was not overdone and there's no consequential lag on an average system.

I found an Island called "Somalia". It already has all the BHD features: desert setting, incl. city of Mogadishu, the airport (the american base incl. hangars) in place, etc.

You can download it here: Somalia (1.81MB) or here

Somalia (1.91MB) different version, same author A.K.A.

And here we have a mission:

Co-op Somalia mission I found the mission here: Missions Kyllikki

If someone just could fix the texture problem for resistance version....

the islands doesnt seem to work with ofp v1.91. neither the original, nor the tweaked version. both have no textures and end in an ofp crash.

but there was a preview of a cool island called "truax" which had a nice desert desert area with an destroyed town.

this could give us a chance to make more fictious bhd- scenarious.

unfortunatelly its final release is in about one month or so sad.gif

Somalia 'island' in OFP Mission Editor (screenshot)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sgt Gunnery Highway sent us the last screenshots of his map Mogadishu before release, he writes "i ve finally decided to stop here because i dont want to create a crap laggy map, just add some buildings finalize some road and it should be ready in a big week".<span id='postcolor'>

- ofp.info

"We have a Black Hawk down, we have a Black Hawk down! Super 61 is down!"

That new Mog kicks ass!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blacky @ Feb. 24 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"We have a Black Hawk down, we have a Black Hawk down! Super 61 is down!"

That new Mog kicks ass!!!<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

Btw, here's the discussion about that island. wink.gif

i cant believe that this addon is better than the acual Delta Force Black hawk down game......i mean the graphix in DFBHD totally blow and its another ghetto game by Nova