Sign in to follow this  
HCStrike

Custom Modpack

I host a private server for me and a few friends, and we  chop and change between what mods we use on it quite frequently. Is there a way I can create a modpack which they can subscribe to and I can update that means I wont have to keep sending them updated mod presets each time we want to change the mods? Possibly looking at creating a mod on the steam workshop with dependencies that I can update.

37 minutes ago, HCStrike said:

I host a private server for me and a few friends, and we  chop and change between what mods we use on it quite frequently. Is there a way I can create a modpack which they can subscribe to and I can update that means I wont have to keep sending them updated mod presets each time we want to change the mods? Possibly looking at creating a mod on the steam workshop with dependencies that I can update.

You can just create a 'Collection' on the Workshop that your members can subscribe to, assuming all the mods you use are available there. You wont need to be constantly re-uploading (and avoid the potential for violating author's EULA by re-uploading their work that they don't want re-uploading) and everything will automatically update when the original authors update the mods. You can also add/remove content at will and it should, at least in theory, sync up across every member of your community and (again, in theory) your server...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

You can just create a 'Collection' on the Workshop that your members can subscribe to, assuming all the mods you use are available there. You wont need to be constantly re-uploading (and avoid the potential for violating author's EULA by re-uploading their work that they don't want re-uploading) and everything will automatically update when the original authors update the mods. You can also add/remove content at will and it should, at least in theory, sync up across every member of your community and (again, in theory) your server...

Is there a way I can have the collection show on the Arma launcher? If there are members subscribed to more mods than the collection they'll have to go through manually and select the specific ones 

1 hour ago, HCStrike said:

Is there a way I can have the collection show on the Arma launcher? If there are members subscribed to more mods than the collection they'll have to go through manually and select the specific ones 

I think it would be a (often pain-staking) process of creating their own 'Mod pre-set' that tallied with the 'Collection' - as to whether or not that would automatically be updated as new mods are added or old ones removed I couldn't say...

• Like 1

You can export/import mod presets. I suppose that would be a little easier than making everyone create new presets manually. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Harzach said:

You can export/import mod presets. I suppose that would be a little easier than making everyone create new presets manually. 

That is handy to know - I've never really played around with them so didn't realise you can do that.