Hello chaps !

I've pushed a small update after realizing that Impact wasn't working properly in MP.

Since the "hitPart" EH I'm using needs to be added from any potential shooter's machine, it is important to remember that Impact should be loaded on both server & clients.

Have fun people !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

Tiny update for MP :

* the Impact function is now remotely executed where the target is local.

Apparently, the addForce command I'm using requires the target unit to be local... And since the hitPart EH fires on the shooter's machine, I'm guessing the previous update wasn't properly working.

• Like 1

@haleks

I was holding off on using this until you worked out the kinks and also because I really liked using TPW's Fall option.  Several days ago I decided to give Impact a try and disable Fall.  I felt a little guilty because of all of the work TPW has done, but....wow.  And then today I started using Webknight's Damage Reaction animation.  The combination of all three now works great.  TPW still has blood loss (albeit falling from an object is gone, but sometimes that could cause it's own inconveniences).  Your mod deals with bullet impacts without just defaulting to a random percentage hit, and then Webknight's mod gives the fall animations.  And it's all great.

So thank you for this.  I just wanted to pass along the thanks, as I know the game has long since reached its half-life, but guys like you have continued to make it fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gatordev said:

@haleks

I was holding off on using this until you worked out the kinks and also because I really liked using TPW's Fall option.  Several days ago I decided to give Impact a try and disable Fall.  I felt a little guilty because of all of the work TPW has done, but....wow.  And then today I started using Webknight's Damage Reaction animation.  The combination of all three now works great.  TPW still has blood loss (albeit falling from an object is gone, but sometimes that could cause it's own inconveniences).  Your mod deals with bullet impacts without just defaulting to a random percentage hit, and then Webknight's mod gives the fall animations.  And it's all great.

So thank you for this.  I just wanted to pass along the thanks, as I know the game has long since reached its half-life, but guys like you have continued to make it fun!

Oh wow so those 3 actually play nice together? I was wondering how Impact might work with the WB's new hit animations and now you're saying even Fall works alongside these?

15 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Oh wow so those 3 actually play nice together? I was wondering how Impact might work with the WB's new hit animations and now you're saying even Fall works alongside these?

I have Fall turned off, but I still have Bleedout turned on, so if you hit someone, Impact knocks them down and the new animations may make it look good, but if the AI then crawls out of the way, he can still bleedout (at least I think I've seen that happen at least once).  Otherwise, Impact and the animations seem to be working well, while also not creating one-shot kills all the time.

I have seen where walls will get destroyed by .50 cal rounds on Lythium.  I'm guessing that's Impact causing it, but it's a small price to pay, and with Blastcore Muur, it creates a nice dust cloud effect, too.

4 hours ago, gatordev said:

I have seen where walls will get destroyed by .50 cal rounds on Lythium.  I'm guessing that's Impact causing it

That 's unlikely : currently Impact is pretty much just a conditional addForce command plugged into a hitPart EvenHandler; it cannot have any effect on anything other than units.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, haleks said:

That 's unlikely : currently Impact is pretty much just a conditional addForce command plugged into a hitPart EvenHandler; it cannot have any effect on anything other than units.

Fair enough, and I agree.  I think it may be Blastcore now that I've played a little more.  There's a couple of things about Muur that bug me, but all the other stuff outweighs it, so I can live with a couple of downed walls.