Sign in to follow this  
mr. Duck

Bienvenue au france (eh...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Feb. 15 2003,06:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif Hmmm....I managed to download the weapons but I can't get the infantry....I use Flashget.When I click on link, Flashget starts downloading but finishes the download after 2kb... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Try downloading the infantry at this page, you need to be registred at fileplanet (or gamespy) for this.

["Try downloading the infantry at this page, you need to be registred at fileplanet (or gamespy) for this." ]

Hmmm....for a start I can't access that page...loads the main banner OK, and the ads for C&C Generals and Splinter Cell,heh...but not the rest.And second ; I'm not registered to fileplanet or gamespy  confused.gif  sad.gif

Try downloading without flashget, I couldn't find any more places where you could ge this stuff. sad.gif

The links started working, hooray!

Very good addon here indeed - the units, weapons, textures etc. appear extremely well done. The patrol units look great with their berets, as does the model/textures of the Para Minimi. I particularly like (as people have mentioned before) the Eryx missile launcher, and the animated moving cocking handle on the FAMAS - just adds that extra pinch of realism. Hopefully these little features will become standard for weapons addons...

Some constructive criticism: (most having been said before)...

- groups would be helpful, and having your own sub-category (ie. French troops) would make it easier to browse...

- the FAMAS sound is a tad weak, something beefier would be nice, but it's nothing too urgent

Other than that, excellent work here boys, keep it up smile.gif I look forward to some nice vehicles to complement these units

Oh, just one question - any plans to bring out French Paratroopers, Foreign Legion, GCP or Marines?

Anyone else checked out the two demo's on their site? One shows the tank and the other shows the helo's. I must say, those are awesome.

Also, the quality of the demos is very good. I wonder what program was used to make them.

Great looking soldiers! The best looking soldiers to be made for OPF!! And The anti armoured rocket is the damn best.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Feb. 15 2003,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone else checked out the two demo's on their site?  One shows the tank and the other shows the helo's.  I must say, those are awesome.  

Also, the quality of the demos is very good.  I wonder what program was used to make them.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean the movies, not the demo, right?

I meant the movies. The zips are labeled as demos. Technically they are demo's since demo is short for demonstration.

Though i do sometimes i think a lot faster than i type so i don't always type what i mean.

crazy.gif

Well, i better get some sleep, i'm beginning to ramble.

Edit: Fuck! Someone made a 'Drop Weapon' joke before me. They should probably script in a 'Collaberate' command also smile.gif

Regardless. the soldiers look very good

I can't resist it any longer, I'm going to have to download them groups or no groups.

I'm quite glad the French don't have a command to drop rifle and leg it, it could lead to all sorts of regional stereotypes in addons. There'd be a mod so the British rifle's didn't work, a mod so the Austrailians had to radio home base on the hour for the cricket scores, a mod for the Russians to sell their ammunition and a mod for the USA that meant at any given moment there would be a chance one of your own attack helicopters would pop up and waste you by mistake.

Yes, ehm, about the groups, does anybody know ths size of a french rifle/weapon squad? And how many minimi's/eryx/medics are in it?

Yes these are addons of great quality.

Well done.

But why on the resistance side? Does current political situation has to do something with this wink.gif ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">French Company Level Organisation in the 1990s

Motor Rifle/F.A.R. Company

CHQ: 2 VAB

4 FA-MAS

(1 AA-52)

3 Rifle Pltns:

PHQ:  1 VAB

3 FA-MAS

1 AA-52

(1-2 LRACF1)

3 Rifle Squads: 1 VAB

8 FA-MAS

1 FR-F1 (Sniper)