Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Bmp3 by vladimir !

Hasent this thread already been up? there was definitely something about a BMP 3 in the addons and mods: work in progress forum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 13 2003,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hasent this thread already been up? there was definitely something about a BMP 3 in the addons and mods: work in progress forum.<span id='postcolor'>

No this is a new BMP-3. The other BMP-3 was made by Mailman. I tried this one out and it's a bit different. The textures aren't as good, and it suffers from some inaccuracies on the gun sites as well. I also saw some wierd texture problems but it might have been cuz I was running low on memory. At any rate I like the Textures and weapons layout on Mailman's better, however I like the fact that this one doesn't force you to use a custom textured crew and weapon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 13 2003,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">however I like the fact that this one doesn't force you to use a custom textured crew and weapon.<span id='postcolor'>

I much prefer the newer crew and weapon textures, dunno 'bout you.

It's not that big of a deal anyway...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edgie @ Feb. 13 2003,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 13 2003,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">however I like the fact that this one doesn't force you to use a custom textured crew and weapon.<span id='postcolor'>

I much prefer the newer crew and weapon textures, dunno 'bout you.

It's not that big of a deal anyway...<span id='postcolor'>

It gets annoying having 230912031578791873928 different crews smile.gif

I like the 3D model a lot (it's got the thermal sight box on the turret - is this a UAE variant of the BMP-3?) but the textures are lacking. They almost look like they were done on MS Paint. However, this is a beta, as we all know. They are a good start and hopefully they'll improve. I like the mud effect though.

The weapon systems are good.. however, I'd like to use the space-bar to change between major weapon systems. Currently, you have to use the action menu to switch between 30mm cannon and 100mm gun/missile. The action menu should be reserved for changing ammo types only, IMHO.

Overall, I'd say it's a really good start. Improve the textures and fix up that interior (the driver position looks a bit cartoonish) and we'll have a top-rate BMP-3.

Nice one, Vladimir :] Nice textures, nice and clear modell. There weapon list is a little bit too short, Textures, after few more details will be ok... but.... as I always ask everybody... is there a chance for them to be more like other in-game model's textures (more simillar to them)?

Good job :]