FenixDK

[Request] GRAD Persistence + ace medical

HI everyone,

I wanted to start this thread, because I am sure I am not the only one who faces this problem and I think it will be beneficial for many out there, as not everyone is using a proper database to save the mission progress, so I think it would be great if someone who knows how to do it will contribute.

It has to be noted that even though I have close to 0 experience in programming, I am fully aware of how much effort this request may require, but I believe in altruism 😊.

Setup:

GRAD Persistence and advanced ace medical system.

Problem:

GRAD does not save ace medical state of the player upon disconnect/return to lobby, which means if the player is injured or unconscious, he can return to lobby and then get back in the mission fully recovered.

Possible solutions (from easiest to hardest):

1.       A script that will disable “abort” button if the player is unconscious. Something like this (I didn’t test it yet, but I will do so today).

This is a workaround which does not really solve the problem as alt+F4 is still available, but it will reduce the number of returns to lobby. I guess that I can play around on my own with the script referred above and adjust it to recognise ace unconscious, but if there is a more elegant solution, it would be great.

2.       A script/addition to GRAD that will save ace unconscious parameter before player leaves to lobby/quits and upon player’s return will either set the player unconscious or kill (I think the kill is better and more fair as it will exclude healing the wounds upon return).

3.       An addition to GRAD that will save ace medical wounds and unconscious state before player leaves to lobby/quits and upon return will load the saved state.

I know that this is will require a lot of time to implement, as GRAD developer has it in his backlog since 2018.

4.       Feel free to add your option in this thread.

Result:

Whichever solution we will figure out here, it will be for everyone to use. If it will be possible to implement it in GRAD Persistence, I will reach out to the developer with this solution, so others can enjoy it in the GRAD package as well.

So I have played around with the option number 1 and managed to make it work. Please see here: