Sign in to follow this  
joostsidy

Virtual garage seems broken with alternate textures

I have been unable to assign alternate textures to the Caesar plane and Taru helo via the virtual garage. It seems broken and either adds a random texture or just the default. I managed to add the appropriate texture to the caesar with setobjecttexture, but I'm not sure how to do it with the Taru.

In the past this worked:

[this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

But it doesn't anymore.. any suggestions?

49 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

I have been unable to assign alternate textures to the Caesar plane and Taru helo via the virtual garage. It seems broken and either adds a random texture or just the default. I managed to add the appropriate texture to the caesar with setobjecttexture, but I'm not sure how to do it with the Taru.

In the past this worked:

[this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

But it doesn't anymore.. any suggestions?

The content of that script is 

[_this, "black", false, false] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

you can see how it is not going to work, can you? you are passing array to _this, but it expects an object. My PC says even that the script cannot be found.

Just add this in init

[this, "black", false, false] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

instead. There were some fixes too to the way it works so, expect those in the next update but if you are serious retextering vehicles -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Vehicle_Customization

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, killzone_kid said:

you can see how it is not going to work, can you? you are passing array to _this, but it expects an object. My PC says even that the script cannot be found.

Yeah, you mean _this is the collection of arguments that you normally would split in _this select 0 etc., so if it expects an object it will fail..

On 10/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, killzone_kid said:

[this, "black", false, false] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

This 🙂 works perfectly, thanks!