ABF Quantum

Set task to succeeded after players equip specific gear

I'm trying to make a mission where players need to equip CBRN gear midway through. I want the task to succeed when all players equip the items from a crate. I've tried using a trigger to just have it succeed after a delay while they stand there, but that isnt reliable because I dont know how long they would take in reality. Are there any ways to check players for items and have a trigger activate if they have the right items? Or is there a way to succeed the task when the crate is emptied of the items?

No delay needed, you just have to use a basic trigger none none , server only, not repeatable,

on condition:  count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == "equip1" && headgear _x == "equip2" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

on activation: setTaskState or BIS_fnc_taskSetState script

note: I don't know what your CNRN equipment is made of, so, as example, I chose "equip1" class as vest and "equip2" class as headgear. Of course you need to use the required class(es).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pierremgi said:

No delay needed, you just have to use a basic trigger none none , server only, not repeatable,

on condition:  count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == "equip1" && headgear _x == "equip2" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers } 

on activation: setTaskState or BIS_fnc_taskSetState script

note: I don't know what your CNRN equipment is made of, so, as example, I chose "equip1" class as vest and "equip2" class as headgear. Of course you need to use the required class(es).

I tried this and I cant seem to get it to work. I just made a vest on the ground called equip1 and a helmet called equip2 then made the activation task1 setTaskState "Succeeded";

It didn't give any errors, it just didnt work. I may be misunderstanding how the script works though, I dont know.

My actual goal is to have players go into a crate and equip a CBRN suit, an APR mask, and a respirator backpack. So a uniform, a facewear, and a backpack. I figure there is a way to get items in a crate to have variable names for trigger purposes, but I just want to get something to work good enough.

I didn't mention any name for vest (or any gear) because on ground, you set name on ground weapon holder (or crate if any), which is the container, not the content.

I mentioned class names, so string like "H_PilotHelmetFighter_B" for a headgear  and/or  "V_RebreatherB" for a vest. (examples. I can't guess your gear classes).

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I didn't mention any name for vest (or any gear) because on ground, you set name on ground weapon holder (or crate if any), which is the container, not the content.

I mentioned class names, so string like "H_PilotHelmetFighter_B" for a headgear  and/or  "V_RebreatherB" for a vest. (examples. I can't guess your gear classes).

I am missing something because I can't seem to get it to function. I tried to use those exact items to test, but I can't figure it out.

This is what I am doing exactly:

create task, assigned to playable units, task is to rearm. named task1

then a trigger. no activation, no type, server only.

Then I put in condition: count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == V_RebreatherB && headgear _x == H_PilotHelmetFighter_B } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

on activation: task1 setTaskState "Succeeded";

I cant figure it out. Based on this, I would assume that the script would go something like this, which has the gear classes I'm specifically using:

trigger: type none, activation none, server only

condition: count AllPlayers > 0 && { { uniform _x == "Item_U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_Blue_F" && faceware _x == "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_olive_F" && backpack _x == "B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers };

activation: task1 setTaskState "Succeeded";

What am I missing?

48 minutes ago, ABF Quantum said:

I am missing something because I can't seem to get it to function. I tried to use those exact items to test, but I can't figure it out.

This is what I am doing exactly:

create task, assigned to playable units, task is to rearm. named task1

then a trigger. no activation, no type, server only.

Then I put in condition: count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == V_RebreatherB && headgear _x == H_PilotHelmetFighter_B } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

on activation: task1 setTaskState "Succeeded";

I cant figure it out. Based on this, I would assume that the script would go something like this, which has the gear classes I'm specifically using:

trigger: type none, activation none, server only

condition: count AllPlayers > 0 && { { uniform _x == "Item_U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_Blue_F" && faceware _x == "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_olive_F" && backpack _x == "B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers };

activation: task1 setTaskState "Succeeded";

What am I missing?

Different errors each time...  A class name is ALWAYS a string. You must pay attention for syntax if you want to progress in scripting.

count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == "V_RebreatherB" && headgear _x == "H_PilotHelmetFighter_B" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

or, as beno_83au wrote, use goggles for goggle/mask.

If you don't want to make mistake, equip your player, ESC, then in debug console test : vest Player   uniform player    headGear player          goggles player   on watch lines.

copy/paste the result.

• Like 1

Thanks but I think you need to be a bit clearer when explaining things. I dont know why this is so sensitive but it seems to work one moment and then break the next. I copy pasted your exact example into a trigger, it worked. and then i tried it again and it didnt work. I can not tell the difference between this: 

count AllPlayers > 0 && { { vest _x == "V_RebreatherB" && headgear _x == "H_PilotHelmetFighter_B" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

and

count AllPlayers > 0 && { { uniform _x == "U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_Blue_F" && goggles _x == "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_black_F" && backpack _x == "B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

the syntax is exactly the same. the class names are correct. I even got it working with the goggles and the suit, and then adding the backpack broke it. So i took that part out and then it stopped working.

I eventually did get it working with this:

count AllPlayers > 0 && { { uniform _x == "U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_Blue_F" && goggles _x == "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_black_F" && backpack _x == "B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F" } count allPlayers isEqualTo count allPlayers }

Which by my estimation is exactly the same as above. So I dont know why it stopped working.

12 hours ago, ABF Quantum said:

Thanks but I think you need to be a bit clearer when explaining things.

Really? I can't guess you don't know the difference between a string and a global variable. There are sometimes little issue with written classes and copied classes, even if it's exactly the same (even case). Copying/pasting can solve this kind of issue. No other clue.