Sign in to follow this  
Innocent Bystander

How to make your own voice pack?

We are talking bout the voice pbo right? So instead of *radiocommands* you get shouted ones. Well...

Depbo the voice.pbo... Check what's inside of there and I don't think you want to make a voice pbo anymore. I had this *brilliant* idea to replace all those voice sounds, but when I looked at it I dropped the idea... smile.gif

But if you really want to just decode those files that you want to change into wav files, make/search you're own wav files, rename them after the original (I don't know wich soundcharacter wou want to replace) and code them back to wav2.lip or wss or whatever was in that voice.pbo (I forgot, was a while ago). In the end, just stuffpbo everything in a voice.pbo and replace the old one with the new one (you should have a backup ofcourse).

Ok duck,but im a bit confused..

I need aprogram to record my voice,how do i open the pbo paks?

How can i see for what soldeir/name im redoing voice for etc?

thx

Edit* "how do i code them back?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Feb. 11 2003,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Search the forum and rest of the net.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey thx for the help newbie hater.

If you cant help,plz dont reply,just walk away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 11 2003,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depbo the voice.pbo...<span id='postcolor'>

What do i open it with? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Innocent Bystander @ Feb. 11 2003,03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Feb. 11 2003,03wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Search the forum and rest of the net.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey thx for the help newbie hater.

If you cant help,plz dont reply,just walk away.<span id='postcolor'>

No i dont hate newbies(well... actually i do tounge.gif), im just tired of people not being able to find out stuff for themselves.

You need to find a pbo decrypter.

Try here

Right, well, for depbo'ing I use this. Just pick a pbo that you want to unpack, select where you want to have it unpacked and you're good to go. (Don't use this with resistance pbo, won't work, but the voice.pbo isn't in resistance so it's ok)

Once that is done, search for a name that you want to to *be*, let's say marc. All you see there are wss files and for that I use this.

Usage of this thing is pretty straightforward too so I don't think I should explain it. You can also make wss files out of wav with this program.

And now for the final part, the pbo'ing I use this.

If you want to use another pbostuffer check here.

edit:

By the way, you could do this too for you're sound.pbo.

GREAT!

thx duck!

Right now tho,im adding custom voice sounds.

So i might aswell ask ya since you seem to be good at this:

Did everything that was said on this page: http://svd.s20.xrea.com/ (under custom voice)

But it wont work??

Here is what i did:

Made a wav sound and then converted it to ogg(it was 117kb large) then i created a new folder called sound in my user folder witch is this path:  C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\Force Recon\sound  then i started up resistance and tried in SP quick mission...dident work..the custom text inthe box was NOT highlighted in white.... so i started a MP game and tried...dident work either,same thing...the custom was grey in the box?

Why?

thx again. smile.gif

Search The FAQ for "editing tools".

I highly recommend using UnPBO to unpack any PBO. For example, it also decrypts mission.sqm files at the same time.

For repacking, I recommend PBOTool, which supports packing complete campaign and addon folder trees, something that StuffPBO doesn't.

Moving to Addons & Mods: Work In Progress smile.gif

Wouldn't it be great to have voicepacks with the voices in different languages and the voice text messages in English? That would make missions/campaigns from different countries so much more interesting.

What a great idea for a mod: The OFP Voices Universelle Mod (OVUM). wow.gif

Picture playing Operation White Night missions with Swedish voices or the ADF mod with an Australian accent or the Lost Brothers Mod (whenever it comes out) in Hebrew and Arabic!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 11 2003,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moving to Addons & Mods: Work In Progress smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thx denoir.

Sorry for any inconvinience.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Innocent Bystander @ Feb. 11 2003,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did everything that was said on this page: http://svd.s20.xrea.com/ (under custom voice)

But it wont work??

Here is what i did:

Made a wav sound and then converted it to ogg(it was 117kb large) then i created a new folder called sound in my user folder witch is this path:  C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\Force Recon\sound  then i started up resistance and tried in SP quick mission...dident work..the custom text inthe box was NOT highlighted in white.... so i started a MP game and tried...dident work either,same thing...the custom was grey in the box?

Why?

thx again. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is still a problem for me.

Why isent custom highlighted ingame?

confused.gif

Well, I ain't that good, but the site you showed me was about custom sound packs. So as far as I know, those sounds replace only the gunsounds, scream sounds (when someone's hurt), tanks etc. But not the communication sounds (example: 12'-o-clock-T72-500). Those sounds are listed in the voice. There is problably a way to make you're own voice without replacing one of the original ones but that requires (I think) messing around with the config.bin/cpp and that's something we're I can not help you. So I suggest you just go replace one of the original ones.

Oh shit, you are talking about a couple (instead of a whole new character) of shouted commands, ah well. What I'm about to say is just theory (for me it is) so I can't garantuee it is true. Maybe you're frequency is too high/low so you might want to change it back to around 22050 hz or something like that. I heard somewhere in the distant past that ofp can't handle some frequency's. And make sure the ogg is in mono.

Maybe avon can help you out more, but she'd problably refer you back to her faq  tounge.gif

@ avon

Isn't there already a swedish voice pack out? I'd rather have a shouted voice pack, where you hear the troops shout orders at each other instead of trough the radio.   smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

What a great idea for a mod: The OFP Voices Universelle Mod (OVUM).

<span id='postcolor'>

I would prefer the name: OFP voice and radio yelling Mod (or OVARY mod!!! biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 11 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldn't it be great to have voicepacks with the voices in different languages and the voice text messages in English? That would make missions/campaigns from different countries so much more interesting.

What a great idea for a mod: The OFP Voices Universelle Mod (OVUM). wow.gif

Picture playing Operation White Night missions with Swedish voices or the ADF mod with an Australian accent or the Lost Brothers Mod (whenever it comes out) in Hebrew and Arabic!<span id='postcolor'>

Been wanting that for a while, I'm getting a bit sick of the Russians sounding like Texans crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Feb. 13 2003,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Been wanting that for a while, I'm getting a bit sick of the Russians sounding like Texans crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I said something to that effect at the time when Red Hammer came out.

I have many Russian born friends and associates any any one of them would have sounded better than the voice actor(s) CM used in RH.

Count me in as a voice actor. I am a black man age 21 and have the recording capabilities at my house. Just give me a list of things to say and you can add me to the pack. I figured you'll need voice actors and if you want to replace those crappy computer sounding voices then thats fine with me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Feb. 13 2003,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Count me in as a voice actor.  I am a black man age 21 and have the recording capabilities at my house.  Just give me a list of things to say and you can add me to the pack.  I figured you'll need voice actors and if you want to replace those crappy computer sounding voices then thats fine with me.<span id='postcolor'>

Not if you name is Steve Urkel.

fm_urkel.jpg

tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif