Sign in to follow this  
za0

Units don't jump in paradrop :l

well, i'm trying to create a ww2 scenery with parachute jump. And for that I'm using the IFA3_LIB mod. The C-47s from there have the normal sitting position and also the standing up position which is when you are about to jump. I wanted to make the player not have to worry about clicking anything when jumping, so I got this script so that the jump could be done alone:

null = [] spawn {
{
  if(((assignedVehicleRole _x)select 0) ="Position") then {
  removeBackpack _x;
  _x addBackpack "fow_b_parachute";
  [_x] ordergetin false;
  [_x] allowGetIn false;
  unassignvehicle _x;
  moveout _x;
  sleep 3;
 };
 } forEach(crew av1);
};

Now an important detail, this script works perfectly when the plane's crew is seated (in game they appear as: crew)
But before the jump takes place/the above script runs, I put in another script that makes the entire crew that was seated to stand up, and therefore be in the standing up position.
In this case, when the plane reaches the trigger with the jump script, everyone standing inside the plane is still inside the plane... :l

I believe maybe that's why:

forEach(crew av1);

since when they are standing they are apparently no longer considered "crew".
But I don't know, I don't know much about scripts, I was wondering if there is another variety to use in forEach other than "crew" that works for this case...
An example of all units jumping out of the plane except the pilot would work but I don't know how to do it.

Challenge launched! xD
Thanks in advance guys!

5 hours ago, za0 said:

since when they are standing they are apparently no longer considered "crew"

I'm not familiar with the process behind IFA3's paradrop, but if the above is correct then just save the crew into a variable before they stand up, and use that with forEach. Just don't forget the difference between local and global variables and their usage.