Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Carriers?

Here's a screen capture from VBS1 site, of the carrier already DONE, yet not made available to us.

It's the one that's coming with Independance Lost, but made available to VBS1. My question is it's be done for so long, why haven't BIS released it to us, haven't we been asking for one for so long now?? crazy.gif

vbs1_1025s.jpg

vbs1_1005s.jpg

vbs1_1024s.jpg

It seems a bit sad that BIS is supplying this and other addons to VBS1, and not us.

eg.

vbs1_4001s.jpg

vbs1_4003s.jpg

vbs1_4023s.jpg

The other thing that's got me pissed is the VBS1 also seems to be using scripts and addons that we've made.

vbs1_1008s.jpg

Looks like DKMM's dust script to me.

DragoFire

Would be nice to give the information: "how to make an aircraft carrier possible", to the community.

These are the moments when i dont understand "politics" of BIS.

Just say how it works!

MfG Lee sad.gif

BIS dont love us anymore  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a carrier for ofp in process at this website...

[url=http://geocities.com/usnavymod/index.html<span id='postcolor'>

glad i passed that p3d along to them  biggrin.gif  (was used as a base model)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">b) You can blow up one section and the other parts are ok (ok this might be sortable by scripts).

<span id='postcolor'>

umm this would be a good thing. an entire carrier would not blow up after so many hits, it would be destroyed peice by peice. so if the tower blows up and the flight deck is ok then u did a good job biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Feb. 24 2003,14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would they really borrow dkm's script?confused.gif? crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, I doubt they do. VBS1 is such a professional and serious product, they wouldn't do that. They wouldn't do that with OFP/IL either. Why wouldn't BIS be able to make an own script if several 'civil' scripters in this community can?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 24 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VBS1 is such a professional and serious product, they wouldn't do that.<span id='postcolor'>

IMO, quality-wise, I don't think it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Feb. 24 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 24 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VBS1 is such a professional and serious product, they wouldn't do that.<span id='postcolor'>

IMO, quality-wise, I don't think it is.<span id='postcolor'>

this looks like crap and very unrealistic

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com/screenshots3025.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Feb. 24 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Feb. 24 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 24 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VBS1 is such a professional and serious product, they wouldn't do that.<span id='postcolor'>

IMO, quality-wise, I don't think it is.<span id='postcolor'>

this looks like crap and very unrealistic

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com/screenshots3025.html<span id='postcolor'>

yea i agree it does look crap.... all it is a is a box surounding a M2A2 thats all

Sweeeeeet!! wow.gif

What is that?Did you just make it? If not where did you get it?

Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!! wow.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 14 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sweeeeeet!! wow.gif

What is that?Did you just make it? If not where did you get it?

Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!  wow.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif lol i made it 3 months ago...its an "editor extra" as ofp info calls it. fighter has it, and will uplaod it sometime later today. i made one with some AA guns on it (uses the ZSU23). its nothin "special" its not an "addon" but it'll hold u over til a real carrier comes out  wink.gif . can launch helos and piston engine aircraft (using a trigger, that sometimes doesnt always work...??? dunno y.)from it. i used it in an MP map called Operation KA. launches the little birds and UH1 from it. very nice for helos. when it is hosted ill give ya a d/l link. and if anyone knows how to combine the LST and the "peir" together in O2 the way it is in the editor id be greatful if ya did that for me

Guest BratZ

Nice work Tootall and we sure could use that carrier!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 15 2003,13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUT... can you land on it with a plane? :]<span id='postcolor'>

yes you can.....but u have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good. even i the OFP worlds greatest pilot....(sorry a bit of male self delusion there) have trouble getting back down on it....hell i have problems landing on runways let alone carrier decks lol

Does the fact that I can land on runways make ME the best ofp pilot in the world?

I can land choppers on rooftops

ya im better with helos myself really. as far as the planes go i jsut practice crashlanding them. im VERY good at that. i can safly crashland any plane on OFP biggrin.gif

5 years of prefecting 747 landings in flight sims didnt count for anything when I tryed to fly in OFP! It is by far only a arcade flight sim. Anyone who disagrees with this has never flown a plane! The helicopters are even worse but I guess BIS did their best to make it so that anyone could fly in ofp