Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Mouse buttons for iron sights

Hi, I'm IceFire.

I have a normal white mouse with 2 buttons and a mouse wheel in the middle.

For all the time that I have been playing OPF, I've had it so that I would use my right mouse button to fire, and my left mouse button would fire too. Basically do the same thing.

I had to use my key pad enter to switch to iron sights.

Now I want to change it so that my left mouse button will make me switch to weapon view.

I tried to do this when I first got the game, and I couln't figure out how to do it. But then I didn't have the advantage of an OPF forum.

Thanks

IceFire

I tried and failed doing that. I dunno. I figure I am probably missing something.

Weird. In what way doesn't it work? And how could you set both mouse buttons for fire?

Basically I clicked on the "Optics", "Iron sights" selection in the controls settings, and then clicked my left mouse button, but nothing comes up. It stays blank.

Try it, see that it won't work.

Hey I got an idea.

Open up your OFP folder. Browse up Users -> your user folder. Open up UserInfo.cfg in Notepad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">keyOptics[]={131072};<span id='postcolor'>

Change your keyOptics value to that. Then start OFP and see in Options if it has set left mouse button for iron sight. (Back that file up incase you regret.)

...Backup file .. Huh???

I'm sorry but I am computer illiterate, and I wouln't want to ruin my game.

Maybe you could explain it a little bit?

Could you try it and tell me if it works?

Err...

Just copy the file and save it on your desktop. Then edit the one in your user folder the way I posted in my last post. I think it will work. Try it.

Nothing can go wrong if you save a copy on the desktop. smile.gif It's 2 am over here, think I'ma go watch some tv and sleep, don't really wanna launch OFP now, hehe. Could do it tomorrow, but don't worry; Try it.

Ok I tried it.

It didn't work. It made it so that my "Optics" slot was something else. "stick" something.

Any ideas?

If you can't assign the optics key through the normal Options menu, your install of OFP is seriously FUBAR.

I would strongly recommend you backup any info you want to keep and do a total reinstall of OFP.

I don't think you have complete freedom with the control assignments. Certain things couldn't be changed initially, such as the mouse buttons, but I've gotten so used to them that I haven't tried to reassign lately, even though I know improvements have been made in this area.

I just want to make sure you don't panic and think your game is completely messed up because you aren't able to reassign every control for the Optics action.

Yeah, when I first had OPF CWC, it didn't work.

Now that I have OPF GOTY edition, it still doesn't work. There must be an option somewhere to fix this somehow.

Wow, why didnt I think of that? I have gotten really pissed in multyplayer sometimes when I was stuck with that annoying little white thing in a firefight where I had to have quick reaction. I always had do use the 0 on the numpad.

And BTW, how did you have both left click AND right click buttons on fire? How did you lock onto targets??

I've had my optics key as mouse button 2 from install. Comes from playing Rainbow Six series I guess. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 10 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've had my optics key as mouse button 2 from install. Comes from playing Rainbow Six series I guess.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What do you use for locking and revealing targets?

yes i believe the problem is that mouse1 cannot be rebound, it will always be fire.

sorry, but 99% of the world uses mouse1 as fire, guess u are in the unfortunate minority and bis didnt think it worth allowing it bindable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 10 2003,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 10 2003,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've had my optics key as mouse button 2 from install. Comes from playing Rainbow Six series I guess.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What do you use for locking and revealing targets?<span id='postcolor'>

Tab, Caps Lock

So basically I am shit outta luck???

Aww damn!!! Damn!!! That just sucks!!!

I use space for zoom in, and the little button to the left of my backspace for reveal target.

Numpad enter for iron sights/weapon view.

I have been using it like this all since been playing OPF. Now I wanna change it cause I been playing AmericasArmy.

Fuck this is shitty.

Help please.

Anyone??

Underneath all the key assignments, there is a box for "Primary Mouse Button". Change that, and you should be able to assign left mouse button, and right mouse button will be unassignable (I think).