Aurora152

Prairie Fire Dlc mission folder location?

Hello all, 

Does anyone know where the prairie fire missions are located? 

Want to add tfar and ace to them. 

TIA, 

Aurora 

Hi Aurora152, have you already played  S.O.G. Prairie Fire ?

Such a Mod is a world in itself and must be played and learn as it is before trying to add something which above all risks destroying the experience desired by the creators of the DLC.

IMHO, the Mod is roughly placed in the period between Gulf of Tonkin incident in August 1964 and 1968 Tet Offensive.

To respect the intentions of the creators, it seems to me necessary to add only elements corresponding to the technology of the period.

That said if you have the DLC, you have access to the Cam Lao Nam map on which you can create the mission according to your own choices.

• Like 1

@oldbear I'm not looking to change anything about the mission.

I only wish to add ACE for it's medical system, so the medic has more to do, and TFAR for the better radios.

I need the mission so I can load my ACE options preset and the likes.

Well ..., I am one of the dedicated Medic of my team.

We are playing very often The Unsung Mod since Arma / Arma2.

On each mission, I spent most of the time caring for the wounded or reviving the hardest hit and looking for medical supplies.

At that time the soldiers were not wearing protective gear and carried a minimum package with more magazines and grenades than 1st aid kits

With ACE the medic will never play, at one time we played ACE, so I had that experience.

For the sake of realism, it would also be necessary to add a Medevac team with its protection Hueys with each mission.

3 hours ago, Aurora152 said:

I only wish to add ACE for it's medical system, so the medic has more to do, and TFAR for the better radios.

If your planning on playing any missions from Prairie Fire, especially the Mike Force scenario, then take heed from the Developers themselves regarding ACE...

Play without ACE. ACE is a fantastic mod, but it's also large and touches a lot of Arma's core gameplay. This might have unintended consequences on the balance of the mission. If you do want to play with ACE, it's *strongly* advised to disable ACE medical. It will conflict with the CDLC's revive system, and will also make the game significantly harder.

• Like 3