b9gamer

Vorpx not installing

I very recently purchased Vorpx for VRPC on my Oculus Quest 2. My frustrating problem is after downloading the app I get an error message during the installation phase. This is the message:

Error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination file
MoveFile failed; code 5
Access is denied.

The Vorpx forum is for me, somewhat limited on providing a solution. Especially a solution that's easy to understand for an IT dinosaur like myself.

I would be eternally grateful (honest) if someone could shed a light into this mysterious dark room of technology.

Many thanks, B9

Up and running now.

I know this is off piste for B I topics, but I've managed to get IL-2 1946 BAT up and running on VR Vorpx. Brilliant cockpit detailing.

Did not read your second post correctly🙄

But for the benefit to other users with the same error; how did you manage to get it working ?

On 4/26/2021 at 2:34 PM, ozzbik said:

Did not read your second post correctly🙄

But for the benefit to other users with the same error; how did you manage to get it working ?

Really sorry I missed your message. I had to do a fresh download of Vorpx, turned off any AV, opened Vorpx .exe and allowed it to install. Follow instructions and you're away. Depending on what you want to use it for, may be best to YouTube it for best results. I hope this is helpful - although late. AVs have a hissy fit with Vorpx so turn off after D/L and before instlling.

Once again my apologies Ozzbik

Edited by b9gamer
More info added
  • Like 1

No need to apologize. 🙂 Thanks for the update

• Like 1