Sign in to follow this  
Rob

direct 3D sucks ass

<span style='color:blue'>this is wot happens when i use direct3d with 1.30!!! it sucks. this is desert everon and part of one of my newer missions but everything turns to bloody snow!</span>

well the only other option to direct 3d in ofp is glide

only 3dfx cards have glide and they suck really badly

i do have a 3dfx actually thanku very much and there very good. i only have a voodoo3.... if i had a voodoo5 i probably wouldn't have this problem. just because they r out of business people think that they r crap. well there not. there just a bit slow.

and for ur information they were the first company to bring ouyt the 64 mg graphics.

Check out the indignation wink.gif

The voodoo3 was a good card, I had one till recently... it's just a bit outdated now. I did start noticing bugs with it... I just picked up a Geeforce2 400MX 64mb for Å70 which is not too shabby...

o and if ur wondering y the back of his head looks funny, thats cuz i made him a cubist FACE....lol

hey no one can see the pic can they!!!!!

how would i add it so that every one can see?

You could try not linking to your desktop. Get some web space and upload the pic there.

y am i gunna waste all my time getting a web site just to show u guys.

i dont even know where to get free web software now.

i mean homestead was quite good and now u have to pay even for a demo.

1st of all, youre using 16-bit, which is unfortunately not supported, so it looks poo, i can see this from your shadow.

2nd, you may have multi-texturing disabled (a new feature that removes some of the detail, works great for me in 32 bit, the game has a new playability)

so you should use 32 bit, it may solve this problem, plus dont use multitexturing on maps that arent official, as theyre texturing isnt as good, so youll get a plain white thing.

thats my prob. it will only let me use 16 bit.

really?

maybe update drivers... see, 3dfx isnt that good f nvidia equivalents have 32-bit as standard.

16-bit has many faults, im quite surprised as id expect a bit more detail over 16-bit, but there are lots of bugs...

guess ur right. all i need now is the money to actually buy a card.

i was gunna get the geforce 2 but my dad wouldn't bloody lend me 6 F**KING pounds. eventully i had to use it anyway..... parents can be so F**KING ANNOYING.

I have a voodoo-Banshee and if i'm facing a certain direction, I get that snow too. Anyway, it works fine for the rest. And all those fancy graphics are nice, but I don't really care if its not so good at some moments.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rob on 1:14 pm on Nov. 17, 2001

<span style='color:blue'>this is wot happens when i use direct3d with 1.30!!! it sucks. this is desert everon and part of one of my newer missions but everything turns to bloody snow!</span>

<span id='postcolor'>

Same direct3d, no problems at all!

I had exatly the same problem with my spare PC (which has a Voodoo 3) when I upgraded to 1.30. I just got some updated drivers for it and it works fine.

My Voodoo 5 in my main PC, I've never had any problems with.

if u got update drivers for ur v3 where did u get them from?

no 3dfx.com is really behind. now they r finished they can't bring out anymore drivers.

i have the newest version already. and it dont work on d3d..... i shouldn't even use it anyway but i only use it when i wanna take a scn shot.

for some reason i can only do it in d3d, and then it looks s**t because what happens to the floor.

I have a tnt 2 and the game runs in 30 fps in 800x600 32bit with no problems, but it must be because of my pentium 1.5ghz...

i have a 1 gig, and it runs ok on that spec and with the tnt2.

oh man! didnt lend you 6 pounds?! thats harsh.. unless you ment to type a 0 after that six. or that you owe your parents more money than a third world coutry already smile.gif.

nvidia no 1 for future, maybe followed by hercules