Dawks

How can Discord be so unreasonable?

A) bought the original game
B) hundreds of hours with TAW and others
C) disheartened at so many good regiments just imploding / evaporating.

I dropped by the ArmA discord channel just now.
I doppred a comment on someone and included Avatar-Apache-Riding.jpg  ...

Wow. that was ugly.
Anyhow, A) it's a joke, and B) it's about communications.
I got an official warning. "Not ArmA related".
I got a 2nd official warning for asking just how that was offensive.
And then? 3rd warning and blocked for sayinig that was just plain foolish.

So thank you, Discord, for reminding me how ArmA actually contributes to slaving obedience.
Oh go ahead ... disagree ... you don't need to ask: you already know.

Breaking news: some of us established clans and regiments to give young guys a chance to experience actual honesty, actual decency, actual discipline.

Edited by Dedmen
Moderator edited post to remove violation of forum rule 1

p.s. don't read my .sig ... years infantry, years SigInt ... years NORAD/SAC ... years MilSpec ... nothing here for you to actually consider.
/*we are sooooooo doomed!*/

Lies, lies, lies. And lies again.

1/ You got the first warning for "posting non-arma content in #screenshots_arma", correct.

2/ You got your second warning for crossposting - had you read the received message and the rules, you would know. There is nothing wrong with asking a (honest) question.

3/ Your 7 days mute (so not a ban) was for trolling - pretending someone insulted you, and asking what was the second warning right after someone told you how to read the message and explaining what the second warning was.

PS: your eventual IRL service does not give you any benefits in-game or on Discord. If anything, you are dirtying their name trying to get a free pass from the rules.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Okey lets go into the concerns that you brought up, because I don't like people throwing around false accusations at people and trying to falsely put them into a bad light.

15 hours ago, Dawks said:

I doppred a comment on someone and included Avatar-Apache-Riding.jpg  ...

What actually happened:

You went to our #screenshots_arma channel, who's channel description states:

for any in-game still images

and in that channel you posted this:

What concerns me most? folk trolling with clehvur crap. Folk wanna be cult leader? http://bentrem.net/75thr/arma/images/Avatar-Apache-Riding.jpg

Which for one is completely context-less comment that looks like nonsense to me but okey, that's fine.

What's not fine is that you didn't follow the channel description stating "for any in-game still images" and posted non-Arma content in a channel that is only for Arma content.

So you got a warning for it which states:

posting non-arma content in #screenshots_arma

Which is correct and in accordance to our Discord rule stating:

8. Follow channel names, descriptions, pinned messages to avoid clutter of chat.

or alternatively our forum rule (which also applies to our Discord) stating:

😎 Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator.

15 hours ago, Dawks said:

I got a 2nd official warning for asking just how that was offensive.

No you didn't, and I don't know why you bring it up here again because I already explained it to you twice in the Discord.

What actually happened:

You posted this in the #general_chat_arma channel:

I posted a very general interest JPG, as a p.s. ... and got a Warning? While all this goes on?! C'mon ... I've been with the game since day 1 ... who set this channel up?

And one minute and 23 seconds later you posted this in #troubleshooting channel:

==== #RedressOfGrievance I posted a very general interest JPG, as a p.s. ... and got a Warning? While all this goes on?! C'mon ... I've been with the game since day 1 ... who set this channel up? ====

Now there are two issues with that, first was that you crossposted which our rules forbid (Same as the rules for this forum by the way).

Secondly, you again posted offtopic in that channel which says "discuss problems with Arma games and solutions to those"

You not being allowed to post non-arma content in a Discord channel that only allows Arma content is not a problem with the game itself that you wanted to discuss, it was crossposting and offtopic.

So according to our rules, I gave you a warning for the crossposting, but not for the repeated offtopic, because I was trying to be nice, which in hindsight may have been a wrong move from my side.

You then got back to me with

what was the 2nd? I asked a question? I disagreed?

talking about the second warning.

Now I don't know why you need to ask that, considering you already saw that the warning reason stated "crossposting" so you fully knew it was not a warning for just asking a question.

To which I replied

Read your warning

you crossposted, thus you get a warning for crossposting

to which you all of the sudden responded with

oh, now insults?

I don't know what insults you could be referring to considering there were none, I asked you about it, but you didn't want to actually say which, fine by me.

You then replied

You can repeat at 3rd time, pretending I didn't get it.

that would be nice

p.s. what was the 2nd warning for?

Which was trying to bait me into giving you more warnings, and continuing to play dumb and not knowing what your second warning was even though I already explained it to you.

At that point, to prevent you from hurting yourself even more and clearly seeing that you are just trolling and trying to incite a aggressive response, I gave you a mute to give you a chance to cool off, because if I had let you continue like that you would've probably gotten yourself banned which I wanted to prevent.

Looking at the rest of your messages though, it seems like you have no intention to do anything on the Arma discord besides trolling and posting nonsense, considering your first messages going back to mid 2018 were also just contextless nonsense.

Also, by the way I edited your forum post to remove the violations of our forum rules and gave you the appropriate warning for your misconduct.

Also according to our moderation guidelines and considering this is your 4th warning for such behavior I've taken the appropriate measures.

I hope your concerns have been sufficiently answered.

Have a nice day, Dedmen.

• Like 4