UnDeaD.

AddEventHandler on Dedicated

Hello,

I have a few eventhandlers that I run on playable AI (and players) at mission start:

• Hit
  • Killed
  • FiredMan

The problem I have is that these eventhadlers don't work for players on a dedicated server (and I think they wouldn't work for other players on a local server either). I know I have to play around with locality but I am not really familiar with that. I have read through some topics, but I couldn't get it to work. What i would like to achieve:

• To run these eventhandlers, when a player joins and takes place of the playable AI.
  • To make the eventhandlers work for the AI, that takes control of the player's unit, when the player disconnects. (I can probably solve this with HandleDisconnect MEH. Tested: Not working).

I also have 2 questions:

• Do the unit's  EHs get deleted/removed when the player "leaves it's body"?
  • How can I get the server to spawn a vehicle when the player's Killed EH triggers?

If anyone has some ideas, that would be great.

14 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

The problem I have is that these eventhadlers don't work for players on a dedicated server (and I think they wouldn't work for other players on a local server either). I know I have to play around with locality but I am not really familiar with that. I have read through some topics, but I couldn't get it to work. What i would like to achieve:

See the icon on each documented EH in the wiki. For example: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Hit That command requires arguments to be local. You need to check each EH/command like this so you know where it works and where it doesn't

hope that helps a little

• Like 1

Place all EH referring to players in initPlayerLocal.sqf

You can add a little condition inside a EH to remote it once the unit is no more player.

The units still exist when a player leaves.

You can create a vehicle by createVehicle . This command is EG so the vehicle is created for every PC. You can pass it to server by remoteExec it on server.

• Like 1