juleshuxley

Can a weapon turret only support 4 weapons?

If you look under controls>movement, 1 selects weapons group 1, 2 selects weapons group 2...4 selects weapons group 4.

There is no mention of selecting a weapons group 5. Which leads me to the conclusion that there can only be 4 weapons per turret?

There is no weapon limit - you can have multiple weapons in one weapon group

This is outside the scope of the main question, but can I query what button a weapon is linked to? Or query what button is linked to what what weapon group and what that weapon group contains?

43 minutes ago, juleshuxley said:

This is outside the scope of the main question, but can I query what button a weapon is linked to? Or query what button is linked to what what weapon group and what that weapon group contains?

The last part is determined by the cfgammo class of the currently selected weapon's magazine's ammunition, using the weaponType parameter, or from simulation type of the ammunition in the absence of weaponType, so it's a list you would have to compile from checking those parameters for all the ammo available to that vehicle.

Then you need to reference weaponsGroup1, weaponsGroup2 etc. etc. for the vehicle to find what weapon types are grouped together

As for checking what key is mapped to each action, IIRC you'd use inputAction to query the key associated with the weapongroup actions such as SwitchWeaponGrp1, SwitchWeaponGrp2 etc. etc.

• Like 1