Sign in to follow this  
edc

Sim city 4

Does anyone have SimCity 4, if so how is it?

I don't think it comes out till the spring.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong...can get it at Amazon! :O

what on earth does this have to do with operation flashpoint?

I've got it, and it is awesome in the SimCity tradition- only downside is that you need a beefy system to run it smoothly with all the goodies. I have a P4 1.3 Ghz, GeForce 3, 640 mb RDRAM, and I get considerable slowdown when scrolling or zooming in or out. But, the eye candy pays off bigtime, and it is probably the best of the series- not to mention a multiplayer mode coming soon

multiplayer in Simcity? how does that work?well i guess ill find out as soon as i get payed confused.gif

From what Ive read at the forums, ppl that have even the recommended systems reqs are getting lots of lag, and even crashes. There are still numerous bugs in the game, and I will get it but I expect to be dissapointed until the bugs are patched.

-=Die ALive=-

I played it, i have a city of 47'678 People

Pretty fun if its your style of game.

I enjoy it as much as i enjoyed Simcity 3000

Theres a Sim City 4 now? first I've heard of it. Damn, I think I should re-subscribe to PC gamer....its just so damn expensive though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 29 2003,05:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just check out gayspy.com every once in a while; that's what I do<span id='postcolor'>

i wouldn't even bother w/ that. Gamespot and Gamepro online are much better than gamespy. they have previews of games, and expansions months in advance before gamespy doese. Gamespot already has pics of the upcoming expansion for WarCraft III.

I've been playing Simcity 4 for a couple of days now, and I was quite surprised to see that they indeed did come up with new ideas and gameplay features to the old simcity-concept. The thing that has bugged me the most in every other previous version is how the alternating terrain is implemented. Finally it's possible to build practically anything on sloping terrain, and the sims can build on it, too.

Another nice feature is that now it's more easier to keep track of your police stations, schools, hospitals etc. and easily see their effective areas when building new ones.

Simcity has gone bigger better and again. smile.gif