pierremgi

Select rope segments among ropes

Hi all,

Do you have a solution for picking the segments array belonging to a rope.  With one unique rope, nearObjects finding "ropeSegment" in an area is fine... but what if 2 or 3 ropes in this area? I can't sort these bunch of segments.

There is no command like  ropeSegments rope , just ropeEndPosition  rope ... It's weird or I missed something.

Thanks

There aren't any commands to get segments from a rope or vice versa, even using objectParent. Maybe worth of make a ticket on feedback tracker.

• Like 1

What is weird is the rope is public (EG) but I can't pass the segments from a PC to another (PC on which the rope was created to server)

I obtain locally [segment1p3d,segment2p3d,....] and the exact count of [<nullObject>,<nullObject>,...] on the other PC

I tried to setVariable global this array, or even publicVariable it after rope creation + little delay... 

I can see the rope, the rope is defined on all PCs but the segments seems to be not broadcast objects!

I don't understand. 🙄

I am with You , I try to make correct script to picking/connect rope but geting end of rope return sometimes strange values of position, the same selection of "start" and "end" points from selected rope return position of place where rope is connected to parent.  is possibile to add actions to rope but position of activation those actions is always on beginining of rope. Maybe programmers can do something to it like last rope segment returning second "end" position or selection of "end" in add action command gets always "end" of the rope - this would be much helpful (using helper object connected to rope is not good beacouse with pass limit of lenght of rope it can be dissconnected - it possibile to connect it again but this solution is not optimal. Other way what is optimal object to connect with rope, I made small hook in mass of 5kg and make config for it  from slingload items but it not act like other havy objects - after command 

[hook, "ropepoint", [0,0,-1]] ropeAttachTo rope; 

it is moved on the end of rope but when rope is up to ground it fall to ground  from connected ropeend (1 screen) = on the same rope when I use the same commad to connect 5tons pylon  is is connected without problem and stay connected until start of heli and later is no problem with it (2/3 screen),

so question is what is rule for this fall of connected objects  (i understand that player connected to rope directly is managed in some other way and it cause damage on him sometimes but why those problems are with thingX simulated objects? (it looks like mass of connected object have nothing to it - reduction of hook mass to 0.1kg not change anything)

it looks like in config of rope missing some parameter or it's  durability  for stress by connected mass (depend on this mass not only on inertia moments),   is it  limit of A3 engine not ppossibile to improove? - or missing peoples who know how to code it in engine?) - I hope in A4 things like this will be not problem.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

BTW "make arma not WAR" this is example of possibilities to make missions not only with killing each others and destroy but to build  repair something.