Sign in to follow this  
deathsangel

Lost in the forest

I found this VERY irritating but, Ok... First i set the view distance clear down to the lowest it would go, started up ofp multisave and i was ready to try my hardest to get to the town BEFORE the extraction point was overrun. First thing, i got up and RAN LIKE HECK, saving all the way. Made a beeline straight for it, turning slightly to avoid patrols. After several loads, i got to the town, and it there was about 3 squads a t-80 (i think) and a bmp (i think) but pappa bear was still talking over the radio normally, no AAAAHHHHHHH CRAP, or DIE YOU RED S.O.B.s, or, I'M HIT I'M HIT. Not even a single gunshot. That segment seriously could have used some touching up wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathsangel @ Jan. 26 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That segment seriously could have used some touching up wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heaven forbid! This is, according to many, T H E classic of OFP missions!

If you need some help, search The FAQ for "after montignac".

Took some of us a dozen or more tries to get past this one (without waiting for the fog to roll in and crawl on our yellow bellies at 4x time increment) when OFP originally came out.

Ohh no, i've whipped this mission several times. I found it extreemly dull and not as hard as everyone made it out to be. The search for you wasn't organized and that was easy to play off of. Honestly tho, i think escape and evasion training helped some wink.gif But i'm talking speciffically about the part where le moule or whatever was taken, could have been done MUCH better there. Especially if they made it actually be taken, added cool voiceovers via radio, etc.

=)

This has been one of the best missions in the game so far. Especially the tractor-sports car tactic was fun to try... but after I saw all the tanks, I just decided to take the north-east "jeep" route. I think it was realistically made, although maybe the enemy captures the island a little bit too quickly. I mean, they´re all over and everywhere just a few minutes after Montignac..

The ruskies use the 'camcreate' command, that's how they do it. Anyway on the mission before i wanted to get on the blackhawk so i shot the mi24 down but still the UH60 buggered off!

I was really dissapointed with this missions myself, it took a hellova lot of trying to get it done, and if your new to OFP (Which I was at the time) but still think your a smart arse by playing on vet mode, having absolutely no map info on your first time is a real bitch.

I expect almost everyone has had a go at sime to or another to try to get to the evac point before the russians take over, I know I have, and was also pretty annoyed to see that there was no way I could get evacuated myself sad.gif

hey i just Played Lost in the forest agian. this level is fun. you know that hind that flys back and forth? well i was hiding in the bushes and is circled me. so i took a PK Auto MG and shot like hell at the pilot while it was hovering. then it fell to the ground. it didnt explode though just broke its windows. i ran over and the Gunner got out i mowed him down and stole the hind. did you know there is like 6 Shilka's over in a small town? they blew da chit outta me. this levels fun, why does everyone hate it?

i love that one

jumped from my seat, when i was crawling through that mist, couldnt see shit, and heard tango stepping nearer... they almost ran me over; surprise surprise, they seemed as astonished as i was =) 4man patrol, now "history"

i love it

Yah, It's a great mission, It took me 15 tries to beat. After the 10th time i came on here looking for some help and went the driving away in the jeep idea.

It worked great, you just have to time the patrols and the BMP right. But it's a really fun one. the last two times when i was driving full bore down the road with a BMP rippin after me and a T-72 waiting there when i reached the intersection, my heart was pounding reeeeal fast biggrin.gif Needless to say, i kinda wimped out after getting into the woods. I heard shots being fired and stayed low for about 10 minutes tounge.gif

I'd been trying it for so long i didn't want to die when i was so close. Even when i was walking up to the extraction zone i was really nervous and would stop and drop at any sound. Some great hero i am in the battlefield eh?

And yes i said eh, i'm canadian and we say that smile.gif

The first time i played it, i just grabbed a car from the village and drove all the way to the south. only to bad that the game crashed when i got captured. 7 times later i succeded again wink.gif

Great, everyone seems to get past this mission but I, being new to this game, haven't got the slightest Idea.

How long does it take for the fog to show up?

do you get through easy once that happens?

After all, there seems to be a whole Division searching just for me (It is an honour, but one I do not really need!!wink.gif

Well, next time I try it, I will wait for the fog

One hour OFP time. If I remember correctly the fog kicked in just after 1900 hrs. BTW , forget about papa bear you are expendable, going for the yellow car wasnt my favourite option either.

Crawling in the fog (no time compression used) completely Ruski paranoid all the way to the alternative extraction point...it redefined "game-immersion" for me! It also took me over 10 times to do it that way....

A classic SCARY ofp experience

L8R,

TopCover

Christ what is all the fuss. I did this mission first time AND yes I got to Montignac while PapaBear was still yapping on fine and dandy. Poor mission IMHO try to lose Montignac Strange Meeting is FAR better.

In this mission it seemed to be impossible to get kinda straight to the extraction point, so i took the longer way. At the start i turned ran north untill montignac and then turned east and went all the time further from the extraction. At some point far, far away from the theatre a single gunshot fleed the air and i was dead. At this point when youre dead, the camera scrolls to the ai guy that killed you. But no. The camera just rises while pointin at my body. Seemed like i got killed by a trigger...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathsangel @ 26 Jan. 2003,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found this VERY irritating but, Ok...  First i set the view distance clear down to the lowest it would go, started up ofp multisave and i was ready to try my hardest to get to the town BEFORE the extraction point was overrun.  First thing, i got up and RAN LIKE HECK, saving all the way. Made a beeline straight for it, turning slightly to avoid patrols.  After several loads, i got to the town, and it there was about 3 squads a t-80 (i think) and a bmp (i think) but pappa bear was still talking over the radio normally, no AAAAHHHHHHH CRAP, or DIE YOU RED S.O.B.s, or, I'M HIT I'M HIT.  Not even a single gunshot.  That segment seriously could have used some touching up wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It happened to me too. What you need to do is do not go near Morton, because as a dycrypted the mission, I found a script, that kills you if you cross the line. You must go to the new evac point.

A tip is to juice up the time compression and run like hell, worked for me. Just be quick on turning it off when you get to the tent.... i got shot by i dont know who when i stayed in there to long with the compression on.

Bah, time compression is cheat and removes imersion from this spectacular mission, first go prone and wait till the forest is clear, then pick ammo and binos from dead comrades, then using cover, skill and tactic move to rendevouz point. Last time i heard M16 rounds being fired and tried to reach 3 friendly soldiers but they were already dead when i got there sad.gif , anyone remembers this mission in version 1.0, now that was a pain in the back crazy.gif .

Soon you will tell me that the autoaim in Raven-Shield is cheating too tounge.gif I dont understand the thing about immersion though, running a few miles just to get out isn't my idea of a good way to spend a hour and a half. If it's a MP coop simulating a LRRP mission i'm O.K with it though smile.gif

Well, what fun is it to play opf at 4x time aceleration and pray not to get hit confused.gif , imersion is to fear for your life, wich is something i always feel when i play this game (even MP wink.gif ,i once spent almost two hours in that mission, scaning the horizon, sneaking throu bushes, crawling past a T72, ocasionally i would shoot small man patrols and then would leave that position cause i knew the gunshots fired would atract the enemy, navigating with the compuss and map is also great fun in vet mode, thats why i like this game so much, it is very unique and realistic smile.gif .

you say tomato, i say you should see how lost i get! they round me up like a hamster when i get spotted sad.gif

Immersion when it comes to roleplayin is great i am how shall we say "game with that" but after fearing for my life in three attempts an hour each. I felt that i had had enough of immersion and that it was better to speed through it. But i am aware of that you can take the exact same route without time compression (just tried it) Without getting shot at once. I guess that's something to be exited about smile.gif

Well its very easy just to go East, nick the UAZ and cheese it to the extract point. However I did it the mans way. Run just to the right and take cover behind that big bushy tree. Immidiatly kill the one man whos running. Then another three men will come on the same place. Pop them. Turn 90 degrees left and you'll see a squad of five. The terrain means u can easily hit their heads but they cant easily get you. Turn around and get a LAW. There will be 3 men coming at you out the forest. Just wait, dont get up or you will be shot. After they all dead. Take a LAW with 3 ammo and shoot the two BMPS around. Then take the RPG launcher and go south to erm I forget (figari is it? Theres an ammo crate there) Take down the Hind and the T72 there. A patrol will come to investigate, kill them save the game. Go to Morton and kill everyone then and ONLY THEN may you proceed to the evac zone smile.gif

Hmm, when i first completed the mission (after like five tries) I crawled around half the map, south of Morton (at the shore confused.gif ) and finally reached the extraction.

Now i know an easier way. When you start, just run 20m forward, and you'll find a dead US soldier. Take he's LAW, and turn back at northeast until you reach the edge of the forest, and can see the town you attacked in the last mission. Eventually four soldiers will come running at the ridge in front of you. Shoot them, and then wait til an BMP comes searching for you. Finish it off with a LAW, and then move trought the villgage. Get out on the other side, and follow the road until you are north of the forest where the alternate extraction point lies. Just move sotuh and run to the extractionpoint smile.gif

Hehe yeah this one took me about 12 attempts first time...But the other day I started the CWC campaign again, and in the previous mission I managed to shoot down the Hind but the UH60 just hovered there a while then just shut off its engines and crashed sad.gif Also another thing : I shot the Hind down with a Carl Gustav and it was guided! What the...??