BlackbirdSD

Problem with Livonia map Ai not seeing anyone

Well man,

if you want some help, you could try to make things more handy. Your pbo is a binarized mission.sqm and that's all.

Some help needs, perhaps, a glance at your code instead of playing a scenario where nothing occurs, the player is stuck.

You could say (I'll do that for other readers) that you're using JSRS sound mod and CBA.

CBA is for your patrols, I guess, your bad.

JSRS should never be loaded when you are creating a scenario. It's absolutely useless, as Enhenced movement, but for some bad reasons, the sqm registers that you had it active when saving your work. Never script and publish with useless mods.

You can also make the console accessible, (mission parameters in 3den). This way, it's possible to test some codes for your scenario. Not saying you must keep this option when you public publish...  I'll first try in one watch line of the console: count diag_activeSqfScripts  ...  With some bad/plenty of codes, it's possible to reach summits for active sqfs then AIs are just becoming dumb, the Arma's engine never complete all their FSMs.

The second track could be the map environment with heavy fields of high plantation, lots of trees, tons of rocks... same problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Well man,

if you want some help, you could try to make things more handy. Your pbo is a binarized mission.sqm and that's all.

Some help needs, perhaps, a glance at your code instead of playing a scenario where nothing occurs, the player is stuck.

You could say (I'll do that for other readers) that you're using JSRS sound mod and CBA.

CBA is for your patrols, I guess, your bad.

JSRS should never be loaded when you are creating a scenario. It's absolutely useless, as Enhenced movement, but for some bad reasons, the sqm registers that you had it active when saving your work. Never script and publish with useless mods.

You can also make the console accessible, (mission parameters in 3den). This way, it's possible to test some codes for your scenario. Not saying you must keep this option when you public publish...  I'll first try in one watch line of the console: count diag_activeSqfScripts  ...  With some bad/plenty of codes, it's possible to reach summits for active sqfs then AIs are just becoming dumb, the Arma's engine never complete all their FSMs.

The second track could be the map environment with heavy fields of high plantation, lots of trees, tons of rocks... same problem.

Thanks for taking a look.  You are obviously way beyond me for skills of making missions.  I dont fully understand alot of what you are saying about the mods.  I have never and will never be publishing any missions.  I just play with 1 friend and we have a good time with it. 

What do you mean "a glance at your code instead of playing a scenario where nothing occurs, the player is stuck"?  The mission itself works fine, you start in a chute and try to make your way to the other side of the map. 

What does "CBA is for your patrols, I guess, your bad." mean?  Are you saying CBA and JSRS shouldnt be used? 

All you need to do to test this is open it in the editor and plop down a guy and see if your spotted.  Of everything you mentioned, I didn't see you comment on whether or not you experienced my problem of AI not seeing each other or how to fix it.

Thanks for taking a look.

23 hours ago, BlackbirdSD said:

Thanks for taking a look.  You are obviously way beyond me for skills of making missions.  I dont fully understand alot of what you are saying about the mods.  I have never and will never be publishing any missions.  I just play with 1 friend and we have a good time with it. 

What do you mean "a glance at your code instead of playing a scenario where nothing occurs, the player is stuck"?  The mission itself works fine, you start in a chute and try to make your way to the other side of the map. 

What does "CBA is for your patrols, I guess, your bad." mean?  Are you saying CBA and JSRS shouldn't be used? 

All you need to do to test this is open it in the editor and plop down a guy and see if your spotted.  Of everything you mentioned, I didn't see you comment on whether or not you experienced my problem of AI not seeing each other or how to fix it.

Thanks for taking a look.

I mean:

your scenario pboed can't run without JSRS mod  for nuts. JSRS should be a player's choice. So, before you pboed (or published) you should save the scenario without any useless mod for running it. JSRS is not mandatory for any scenario, but your scenario don't start without it.

I finally succeeded in launching the mission in 3den, multiplayer (as there is no player, just a playable unit).

It's not a script question because you don't script too much (5 active sqf after start 😄) but your editor is crowded!

We start with more than 800 units. I didn't check but plenty of units have init scripts for loadout. My FPS is 10 to 12, with a i7-7700K SSD and NVidia 980 GTX. Not the brand newest config but...

Definitely, with all units and all scripted waypoints (not counted as active scripts), there is no chance to make it run properly.

9 hours ago, BlackbirdSD said:

I dont fully understand alot of what you are saying about the mods.

Basically what hes saying is only run mods that the mission requires, so for example say you have added a car from a mod, and a gun from another mod.

Only those mods should be running for the mission when your editing it.     When he says "useless mods" he means gameplay mods that dont add anything in the mission

like a mod for a car would, so when your editing missions whether you publish them or not pay attention to what mods your running.

When a mission requires a mod that you have used as in the example i gave for adding a car or a gun, we call those assets, an asset it s thing, an object a unit, a physical component from

another source which would be another mod.

When you edit while mods are loaded what happens when you save the mission (not export) the config and classnames of the assets from the mods

are added to the mission.sqm  this we call an addon dependency which means the mission requires those mods that you have used assets from, or had running.

If your going to get into editing missions you need to understand this stuff or you'll repeat visits to the forum here asking us whats wrong with my mission this is happening

it can be tricky but the rule of thumb is to run only that which is required nothing more.

A tip for you if you want to know what is in your mission via classname/mod wise at the top left of the editor under scenario is "show required addons"

another way is to look at the entities list which is the list to the left, it looks like the assets list on the right, basically what it will show you if you expand it is

if your using certain mods an asset (unit, car, gun, object) will have an icon to the right of it that icon should tell you specifically what mod that asset is from,

you can even click on it and it will take you to its location.

Any mod you use will have its own icon, even DLC's will have icons but not vanilla assets. I hope this is clear, and will help you with future missions as it will

save you a headache.

8 hours ago, pierremgi said:

My FPS is 10 to 12, with a i7-7700K SSD and NVidia 980 GTX.

Dam dude i got the same cpu, but i have a GTX 1080, i hope you at least have arma3 on an SSD.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I mean:

your scenario pboed can't run without JSRS mod  for nuts. JSRS should be a player's choice. So, before you pboed (or published) you should save the scenario without any useless mod for running it. JSRS is not mandatory for any scenario, but your scenario don't start without it.

I finally succeeded in launching the mission in 3den, multiplayer (as there is no player, just a playable unit).

It's not a script question because you don't script too much (5 active sqf after start 😄) but your editor is crowded!

We start with more than 800 units. My FPS is 10 to 12, with a i7-7700K SSD and NVidia 980 GTX. Not the brand newest config but...

Definitely, with all units and all scripted waypoints (not counted as active scripts), there is no chance to make it run properly.

It runs perfectly fine on mine.  I probably changed the player while testing so maybe no player as you say.  Sorry.  So did the AI see you?  Whats weird is that same mission on a different map works fine.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Basically what hes saying is only run mods that the mission requires, so for example say you have added a car from a mod, and a gun from another mod.

Only those mods should be running for the mission when your editing it.     When he says "useless mods" he means gameplay mods that dont add anything in the mission

like a mod for a car would, so when your editing missions whether you publish them or not pay attention to what mods your running.

When a mission requires a mod that you have used as in the example i gave for adding a car or a gun, we call those assets, an asset it s thing, an object a unit, a physical component from

another source which would be another mod.

When you edit while mods are loaded what happens when you save the mission (not export) the config and classnames of the assets from the mods

are added to the mission.sqm  this we call an addon dependency which means the mission requires those mods that you have used assets from, or had running.

If your going to get into editing missions you need to understand this stuff or you'll repeat visits to the forum here asking us whats wrong with my mission this is happening

it can be tricky but the rule of thumb is to run only that which is required nothing more.

A tip for you if you want to know what is in your mission via classname/mod wise at the top left of the editor under scenario is "show required addons"

another way is to look at the entities list which is the list to the left, it looks like the assets list on the right, basically what it will show you if you expand it is

if your using certain mods an asset (unit, car, gun, object) will have an icon to the right of it that icon should tell you specifically what mod that asset is from,

you can even click on it and it will take you to its location.

Any mod you use will have its own icon, even DLC's will have icons but not vanilla assets. I hope this is clear, and will help you with future missions as it will

save you a headache.

Dam dude i got the same cpu, but i have a GTX 1080, i hope you at least have arma3 on an SSD.

I never knew that before.  I will turn off mods while making the missions going forward.  Still I don't get why the only issue with AI for that mission is the map itself as it works fine on altis.

Thanks for the help