Sign in to follow this  
leec

Request

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 23 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well if someone requests something interesting i wouldnt mind making it  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

read post above your post tounge.gif

Interesting enough

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 23 2003,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Jan. 23 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well if someone requests something interesting i wouldnt mind making it  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

read post above your post  tounge.gif

Interesting enough<span id='postcolor'>

check the BAS website, the h53 pages are back up again, so there is beeing worked on wink.gif

mabye hes going to texture that super sun reflecting satellite thingy from die another day, and then aim it at nogova and explode the airport then, satisfied with the results, he'll aim it outside his PC at the mine belts on the south/north Korean border and destroy the mines and clear the way for the communist tanks, and throwing the world into chaos.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ViperCheese @ Jan. 23 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mabye hes going to texture that super sun reflecting satellite thingy from die another day, and then aim it at nogova and explode the airport then, satisfied with the results, he'll aim it outside his PC at the mine belts on the south/north Korean border and destroy the mines and clear the way for the communist tanks, and throwing the world into chaos.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL you have been watching too much Die Another Day

you know what forget i even said anything about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 23 2003,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 23 2003,14wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Welcome to the forums.

Nice to see you jump in by throwing your alleged legal weight around and then whine that you were insulted.

A quick search of these forums will show that the community at large is quite good about creator's rights, and that we do not tolerate rip offs of other peoples work. You don't really need to threaten legal action to protect your work.

But the real kicker is that you are so wound up about textures that someone else will be making on a model someone else has already made. just what are you doing exactly?  confused.gif

Better yet, don't reply to me, I don't want to be involved in this farce.<span id='postcolor'>

Evidently you can't read as I stated I had permission from the addon maker. So it aint a ripoff

Hmmm I asked at every forum and no one said anything.

legal weight. LMFAO

Before you reply make sure you READ the entire post.<span id='postcolor'>

Sweet jeebus, can YOU read?

He is obviously not accusing you of ripping off anything, he is saying that you don't really need to copyright whatever your working on, as the OFP community (at these forums anyway) would protect it for you, as they have for other addons in the past.

Might I suggest these links: English for beginners and Copyright for Dummies wink.gif

And I think he raises another good point - just exactly what are you doing?

You're not creating the model, or the textures.

Are you contracting out the config.cpp as well? tounge.gif

--------

Seriously, I can't be bothered. Go ahead and get your last word in legalboy, I have more worthwhile things to spend my time on. Have fun with "your" addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 21 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am looking for someone who can do redo some texture jobs for me. I already have permission from the author of the addon to do the changes. This will include renaming the file so it is shown as different in the addons, as well as in game.

Since I am paying for it I want it to be quality work. I don't want crappy jobs. you will get money upon completion before final product is received. You will agree that I hold all rights too the addon. For more info post contact info and Exp. here.<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMFAO hahahaha you knwo what u need bro. . .connections! . . .man i got tons of addon ideas and retextureings . . . and you knwo what im doin?. . .using my connections to some of the top brass addon makers smile.gif so when i have an idea or such i ask one of them. . and guess what . .i still have taht $1.75 in my pocket. .THATS RIGHT $1.75 CUZ IM FUCKIN BROKE tounge.gif and i get my needs met

la-ho-za-her!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 24 2003,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (leec @ Jan. 23 2003,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 23 2003,14wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Welcome to the forums.

Nice to see you jump in by throwing your alleged legal weight around and then whine that you were insulted.

A quick search of these forums will show that the community at large is quite good about creator's rights, and that we do not tolerate rip offs of other peoples work. You don't really need to threaten legal action to protect your work.

But the real kicker is that you are so wound up about textures that someone else will be making on a model someone else has already made. just what are you doing exactly?  <!--emo&confused.gif

Better yet, don't reply to me, I don't want to be involved in this farce.<span id='postcolor'>

Evidently you can't read as I stated I had permission from the addon maker. So it aint a ripoff

Hmmm I asked at every forum and no one said anything.

legal weight. LMFAO

Before you reply make sure you READ the entire post.<span id='postcolor'>

Sweet jeebus, can YOU read?

He is obviously not accusing you of ripping off anything, he is saying that you don't really need to copyright whatever your working on, as the OFP community (at these forums anyway) would protect it for you, as they have for other addons in the past.

Might I suggest these links: English for beginners and Copyright for Dummies  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Ox, I'm glad someone understood what I said.

leec, evidently you can't READ as you missed the part where I told you not to bother replying.

And with a quick flush of the toilet, I bid farewell to this thread. tounge.gif

Hm, something's wrong...

My capitalistic side is protesting:

He's willing to pay $200 for getting an add-on finished. But he won't get any cash back for finishing that add-on (because selling this add-on without permission of BIS would be illegal).

confused.gif

Case 1: He's an OFP-fanatic. Not only giving his free time for us, no, even giving his money for us... wink.gif

Case 2: He's very rich, money is no consideration.

Case 3: He will sell the finished add-on and will earn more than 200 bucks. Because he has got the permission from BIS, this will be big business. In this case the retexturer should insist on profit-sharing. biggrin.gif

Actually if I was going to make it I would make him pay 200 Euros European cash... as it's a stronger currency.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oberon3d @ Jan. 24 2003,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually if I was going to make it I would make him pay 200 Euros European cash... as it's a stronger currency.<span id='postcolor'>

it would make 215U$D

Seems rather pointless to keep this thread open anymore. If anyone wants to follow up this "offer" then by all means, use private messaging.