Sign in to follow this  
Denwad

I keep getting blue screens all of a sudden!

I start up the computer, and everything works. Then I promptly get a BSOD mem error.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

VMM(12) + OOOO4c3c

Error OE:0028:C0283c3

<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif

i think computer specs would be in order here. post your specs including number of memory sticks you have confused.gif

For what is is worth, an Exception 0x0E is a Page Fault. Page Faults happens routinely with operating systems that have support for virtual memory -- they happen every time that a page of memory is requested when it isn't already in the physical memory of the system (RAM).

Under normal circumstances, the OS will simply load it, possibly by swapping out another page if there is no room for the new page. However, if the page cannot be loaded for some reason (I/O error, no pages can be swapped out etc.), the simple Page Fault becomes an Exception.

Another possibility is that a program requested an address that is illegal, or that data corruption was detected during the Page Fault. An illegal address would likely be a bug in some code, while data corruption could be caused by hardware problems (excessive heat, out-of-spec timing on system components / overclocking, bad RAM, weak PSU, the VIA data corruption bug etc).