Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Police car from big city pics!

i was talking about when Viper123 said the copcar sucks on the flashpoint.org forum, you said, or at least sum1 with the same name said

"OK THEN YOU MAKE ONE, go on make one, then well say how bad yours sucks. At least he tried"

which then sparked the conversation of why ppl mock other ppls stuff instead of just pointing out good and bad features.

good to read, glad u like the look of the car even if it doesn't work for u

later,

Scanger confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scanger @ Jan. 22 2003,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i was talking about when Viper123 said the copcar sucks on the flashpoint.org forum, you said, or at least sum1 with the same name said

"OK THEN YOU MAKE ONE, go on make one, then well say how bad yours sucks. At least he tried"

which then sparked the conversation of why ppl mock other ppls stuff instead of just pointing out good and bad features.

good to read, glad u like the look of the car even if it doesn't work for u

later,

Scanger confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, it's frustrating when people just make fun of addons when they have no idea how hard they are to make. Personally the police car worked fine for me. I wish the flashing lights worked during the day somehow, but even though they don't I think it's still fine. Oh... it would be nice if some examples of scripts were included to show how to trigger the AI to turn on the siren.

At any rate, I think the addon is wonderful!

Excellent work!

As far as the problem the other person had, I think it's probably because he has too many addons. I suggest that he cut back on the addons that he doesn't use and just move them to another folder.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi Miles Teg,

The lights will work in the daytime, just press "L", at night you have the option in the action box but daytime use that and it will work, does 4 me anyway.

Later,

Scanger

Oh ya that was me hehe, he got on my nerves a bit, then force recon helped me out and we kicked ass!!!

ahh i like the copcar even if it doesnt work smile.gif

Wilco that message comes on when you have too many addons. You can get the addon manager utilitiy which changes pbo files to pbx at will thus disabling the addon and fooling ofp into thinking you have less addons all of a sudden. You can either do that which is disabling, remove the addons, or delete some. By the way wilco when you guys modernize that aircraft carrier and need textures just check out http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/index.html

ya i have, it but its gonna take me hours to sort all the stuff out and it takes time to load after every selection.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scanger @ Jan. 22 2003,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Miles Teg,

The lights will work in the daytime, just press "L", at night you have the option in the action box but daytime use that and it will work, does 4 me anyway.

Later,

Scanger<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! Thanks! I didn't know you could do that by just pressing "L". I'll have to try that out. Thanks again!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 20 2003,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so........  confused.gif Im confused.

You DIDN'T make that police car..... so I have no proof that u r a talented addon maker.......... so I can still mock you?<span id='postcolor'>

god damn it you have carred this bullshit over 3 topics. 1st u say he was lieing and then u say he stole the add ons anf then u bitch at him about the city he made. If u think its a POS make a better one. In tell them STFU.

LOL. I gotta say the cop car rocks. I got that "feeling" of being there. My only gripe involves the sirens not being heard from AI police cars.  sad.gif  I think someone posted a fix in this thread. Right. I'll check again by reading whole thread over. My first mission involved the "Revolver pack". 4 armed men in Lipatny on Nogavo. 2 A.M. they are near the government building "acting suspicous" and I and 4 other patrol cars cut off any escape. I warned one to drop his weapon. He did not reply so I dropped him quicker than you can say "paid administative leave pending investigation". The others where going to struggle so I shot them also. One I missed and he ran. I chased him into the night but no luck. We have warrent and know where this little pistol packing scumbag lives. Northwest Nogavo. Small town. He can run but he can't hide from the Nogavo police!    tounge.gif  My next mission will involve a burglary call, a domestic disturbance, and a peeping tom/flasher all in one night. Anyone seen Major Fubar or Albert Scweizer lately [peeping tom/flasher on Nogavo?]? LOL. Just kidding.  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Jan. 24 2003,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. I gotta say the cop car rocks. I got that "feeling" of being there. My only gripe involves the sirens not being heard from AI police cars.  sad.gif  I think someone posted a fix in this thread. Right. I'll check again by reading whole thread over. My first mission involved the "Revolver pack". 4 armed men in Lipatny on Nogavo. 2 A.M. they are near the government building "acting suspicous" and I and 4 other patrol cars cut off any escape. I warned one to drop his weapon. He did not reply so I dropped him quicker than you can say "paid administative leave pending investigation". The others where going to struggle so I shot them also. One I missed and he ran. I chased him into the night but no luck. We have warrent and know where this little pistol packing scumbag lives. Northwest Nogavo. Small town. He can run but he can't hide from the Nogavo police!    tounge.gif  My next mission will involve a burglary call, a domestic disturbance, and a peeping tom/flasher all in one night. Anyone seen Major Fubar or Albert Scweizer lately [peeping tom/flasher on Nogavo?]? LOL. Just kidding.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Sounds like that police car will make for some great Cops and Robbers MP games as well.

There was one that I've played called "Serial Killer" that is a lot of fun. I hope it gets modded so that it uses this addon. smile.gif Now all we need is a somene to modify a BAS AH-6 and make it into a OH-6 police helicopter equipped with a loudspeaker with a "This is the Police. We have you surrounded! Come out with your hands up!" message, a big searchlight, and of coarse police textures and a police pilot. smile.gif Either that or perhaps a Bell 407.

chopper06b_300x151.jpg

or maybe the helicopter that they use in my city's police department would be cool. The SAPD uses the Schweizer 330SP helicopter. I've seen it in action and it's very maneuverable and very quiet. It sounds a little bit like the engine/rotor sound on the DKM Commanche addon but more like a quiet BAS AH-6 Littlebird sound.

Here's a pic of it:

00719.jpg

Here's a great helicopter site with detailed pictures of it including inside shots of the control cockpit control panels. The URL is:

http://www.helispot.com/photos/photographer/00613.html

There are also lots of other great helicopter photographs on that site as well so it's worth checking out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm going to be using that mercinary helicoptor thats available somewhere [i think at Flashpoint.org]. I will use it for now. Its a Bell.  smile.gif  You and I are thinking alike. That must must scream to you "seek help imeadiatly"!  tounge.gif

Nice pics btw. "Yes I see the suspect in the woods bellow. He's to your right. I've got the light on him. Officer your about 50 feet away. Get him." LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ Jan. 24 2003,05:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 20 2003,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so........  confused.gif Im confused.

You DIDN'T make that police car..... so I have no proof that u r a talented addon maker.......... so I can still mock you?<span id='postcolor'>

god damn it you have carred this bullshit over 3 topics. 1st u say he was lieing and then u say he stole the add ons anf then u bitch at him about the city he made. If u think its a POS make a better one. In tell them STFU.<span id='postcolor'>

1) I still beleive that he is lieing (eg. he said he had trains etc. (or was going to have anyway) in his city, but in the other addons forum he asked how to do them.....)

2) I never said he stole any addons.... u sure that thats not just your views that you're beleiving i said?

3) I don't really know wot u mean about bitching about his city....... can you elaborate please?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 24 2003,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Jan. 24 2003,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. I gotta say the cop car rocks. I got that "feeling" of being there. My only gripe involves the sirens not being heard from AI police cars.  sad.gif  I think someone posted a fix in this thread. Right. I'll check again by reading whole thread over. My first mission involved the "Revolver pack". 4 armed men in Lipatny on Nogavo. 2 A.M. they are near the government building "acting suspicous" and I and 4 other patrol cars cut off any escape. I warned one to drop his weapon. He did not reply so I dropped him quicker than you can say "paid administative leave pending investigation". The others where going to struggle so I shot them also. One I missed and he ran. I chased him into the night but no luck. We have warrent and know where this little pistol packing scumbag lives. Northwest Nogavo. Small town. He can run but he can't hide from the Nogavo police!    tounge.gif  My next mission will involve a burglary call, a domestic disturbance, and a peeping tom/flasher all in one night. Anyone seen Major Fubar or Albert Scweizer lately [peeping tom/flasher on Nogavo?]? LOL. Just kidding.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!  Sounds like that police car will make for some great Cops and Robbers MP games as well.  

There was one that I've played called "Serial Killer" that is a lot of fun.  I hope it gets modded so that it uses this addon. smile.gif  Now all we need is a somene to modify a BAS AH-6 and make it into a OH-6 police helicopter equipped with a loudspeaker with a "This is the Police. We have you surrounded! Come out with your hands up!" message, a big searchlight, and of coarse police textures and a police pilot.  smile.gif  Either that or perhaps a Bell 407.

chopper06b_300x151.jpg

or maybe the helicopter that they use in my city's police department would be cool.   The SAPD uses the Schweizer 330SP helicopter.  I've seen it in action and it's very maneuverable and very quiet.   It sounds a little bit like the engine/rotor sound on the DKM Commanche addon but more like a quiet BAS AH-6 Littlebird sound.

Here's a pic of it:

00719.jpg

Here's a great helicopter site with detailed pictures of it including inside shots of the control cockpit control panels.  The URL is:

http://www.helispot.com/photos/photographer/00613.html

There are also lots of other great helicopter photographs on that site as well so it's worth checking out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I'd prefer having the AS-350 Ecureuil, the same as the FBI uses ecureuil.jpg