Eggitheegg

Arma 3 Can't Install Mods.

This Problem Started about 2 Months ago, Basically what happens is when I install mods the game starts updating (like normal) but it stops and says ''CORRUPT DISK'' 

unknown.png

I've tried to uninstall the game and install it again a couple of times, changing the download region. nothing helped, couldn't change the directory of the game for some reason tho.

Hello welcome to BI Forums!

Follow this video, how to fix a corrupt disk, with this you'll need to relocate the install to a new drive, and then scan the drive that

is being read as corrupt, the video demonstrates a step by step process on what to do, hope it helps:

Once you have it sorted out, let us know if your issue was fixed and if the video helped

as its important for anyone else who may have the same issue find a fix as well. Cheers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello welcome to BI Forums!

Follow this video, how to fix a corrupt disk, with this you'll need to relocate the install to a new drive, and then scan the drive that

is being read as corrupt, the video demonstrates a step by step process on what to do, hope it helps:

Once you have it sorted out, let us know if your issue was fixed and if the video helped

as its important for anyone else who may have the same issue find a fix as well. Cheers!

Nothing works, I Tried Everything Except The First One, I Can't do it steam gives me an Error whenever I try to move the install folder, 

unknown.png

4 hours ago, Eggitheegg said:

Nothing works, I Tried Everything Except The First One, I Can't do it steam gives me an Error whenever I try to move the install folder, 

unknown.png

I forgot to mention that I have only two drives my steam is on the main one but the games are on the second one, 

so steam couldn't create new directory's.

3 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What drive were you using when you got the corrupt disk error?

I have two drives the main one is C :and the second one is X: (by default D:) 

Ok, how many games do you have installed on either drive?

Also again are they HDD or SSD's?

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Ok, how many games do you have installed on either drive?

Also again are they HDD or SSD's?

my main drive is an SSD and my second drive is a HDD, I have 43 installed games on the second drive and probably 3 games on the main drive

11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Did you happen to remove this folder -----> C:\Steam\SteamApps\downloading

the downloading folder and all its contents?

Also take a look at this page

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-steam-corrupt-disk-error-on-windows/

Thank you !!!

I fixed it using the third solution.

• Like 1