Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Fade, id numbers...

Question: If I were to LAN over the internet with another computer, with the same IP address on an either INTERNET or LAN SERVER, would this activate fade?

Question: Are the very high (one million, two million) ID numbers hacked or just very high ID numbers?

Thats it tounge.gif Answer them!

You won't be able to establish an Internet connection to another computer with the same IP address.

If you told computer A to connect to computer B, which happens to have the same IP address as computer A, how would it know to contact computer B and not another process on computer A? It connects based on the IP address, not the MAC address.

Mister Frag, people on LAN with the same CD can get onto MP. I've seen it many times.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Question: Are the very high (one million, two million) ID numbers hacked or just very high ID numbers?

<span id='postcolor'>

Those id's that are like 10000000000 aren't hacked. They are the new euro versions smile.gif

Guest BratZ

Ya and me and my wife both play Tribes 2 at the same time with the same connection,diff T2 accts

And my son and I have played OFP online before with the same IP

Well Harnu, just to be a little bit picky, but Mister Frag gave the correct answer to the first (technically incorrect) question. wink.gif

You gave the answer to the question it was meant to be...

Cheers,

Happy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 15 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister Frag, people on LAN with the same CD can get onto MP.  I've seen it many times.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Question: Are the very high (one million, two million) ID numbers hacked or just very high ID numbers?

<span id='postcolor'>

Those id's that are like 10000000000 aren't hacked.  They are the new euro versions  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't say you can't use the CD on more than one computer (although it violates the license agreement).

What I said is that you cannot establish a connection between two separate computers having the same IP address.

When computer A with a given IP address is asked to connect to computer B with the same IP address, it will not be able to get there, because it thinks it is being told to connect to itself.

Nor can you have two computers with the same IP address operating trouble-free on the same network. (Yes, you can have the same IP address more than once if you insist, but just try to get anything done with that kind of setup...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 15 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister Frag, people on LAN with the same CD can get onto MP.  I've seen it many times.<span id='postcolor'>

If both installations use the same CD key this will definitely trigger fade, I have seen this first hand.

The question is not IP, the question is CD key.

Is phisically Impossible to have 2 equal IP addresses over a Lan because if you try it the OS will advise you and won´t allow you to use this IP (a message like "IP alreeady used" will raise). The same for Internet where Internet Nodes control All Existing IP´s to avoid this. So If you think you have the same IP Address as other computer in the net, you are true wrong. (It´s Impossible at all point) What you may have is the same virtual IP address. This is not he same real Ip addres. Real one is the one (or range one´s) wich has your Router or ISP´S Node.