Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

United states colonial marines modification

@Starr[QSF]:

Thanks for feedback!

1.) Well, I discovered this page while collecting facts/pics of the M41a. The weapons were modelled on the movie "Aliens", except for the M42a -it replaced the never released M41g (to the left on this screen). In "Aliens" they are using VP70-props, so I decided to configure it as the real Heckler&Koch Volkspistole 70.

2.) I read that the M42 uses the same internal mechanism as that found in the M41 -should sound the same, hm? But you're right, I couldn't find a proper sound sample and I don't own a M42a -not yet. wink.gif

3.) No, there's a camera on the right side of the helmet.

4.) Got me -I couldn't model the crotch guard due to animation limitations. But it's painted on the lower body...

In April I'll start the "USCM Mod Weapon Pack 2" introducing heavy weapons and corporation troops. But be prepared -most of it will be stuff that could exist in the "Aliens"-universe or just fits into it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (current content list @ USCM Mod weapon pack 2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

- Minigun (replacement for the smartgun which is hardly possible in OFP)

- FN F2000 (as corporation standard assault rifle)

- rocket launchers

- stationary machine-/autocannons

- shotgun similar to the H&K CAWS or the Jackhammer

- regular Wayland-Yutani colonial police units

- inofficial Wayland-Yutani spec-ops

- (battle droids like ED-209)

<span id='postcolor'>

In Aliens they were the united states colonial marines. In alien: resurrection they changed it to United Systems for some reason

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ Jan. 17 2003,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">y? dose the marines have m16with203s but they make the same sound and whats uo with that prototype gun?<span id='postcolor'>

^ good point y is that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ Jan. 21 2003,2330)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ Jan. 17 2003,0500)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">y? dose the marines have m16with203s but they make the same sound and whats uo with that prototype gun?<span id='postcolor'>

^ good point y is that<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, but ... what? confused.gif

Instead of a mini gun you should make a M41AE2.

Basically it is a pulse rifle without the grenade launcher, it has a barrel that is 8 cm longer, the barrel shroud is longer too so a bipod can be mounted.  It has an 'L' feed clip that holds 300 rounds.

You should really get the Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual by Lee Brimmicombe-Wood.

Loads of information as well as weapons and vehicles that weren't in the movies.  It also has drawings of the tanks and such.  There are a few weapons in there that would be great replacements for the LAW and the Carl Gustav launcher.

You should really check out the Commanche Helo by DKM.  A lot of features on that helo could work very well on a Dropship.

Oh, there is also a helmet cam script at www.ofpec.com in the editing section. If you get an APC that would be great if you had a mission where the player was the commander.

Well since the marines are finished, why not first making some enemy's for them? I can imagine that it would look quite weird to see them fighting against russians with their ak's. I'm not suggesting aliens either since you need to make an entire new class for it.

How about some kind of mercenary like those in AvP2? smile.gif

A smart gun shouldn't be that hard to do for OFp. OK, you wont get auto tracking or targeting, but basically what were talking about is an MG42 on a steady cam mount with a motorcyle throttle on the side.

If it's not possible to do the steady cam type mounting on the soldier when he uses the weapon, ditch it, and just have it like an ingame M60.

Or better yet, make a new soldier model that has the smart gun mount built into the model. wink.gif

I think the biggest problem would be the way the soldier would hold it. That is why i think they are trying to avoid using it.

I would much rather see an L56 smartgun than any substitute for these excellent USCM troops.

I don't think it would look that bad, even without the servo arm setup:

smartgunner.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Jan. 22 2003,01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about some kind of mercenary like those in AvP2?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They're called the Bears, and they're super elite. The Corperates seem like more of a grunt enemy, most of them have shot guns or pistols, and a few have M41s.

Then you have Contaminent squads in Ape suits, who are better and Ape suits mean better armor, they have M41s and flame throwers, don't remember seeing them with smart guns!

Heres a list, weakest at top, strongest at bottom.

Scientist/Civilians (Basicly just men with pistols)

Corperate Security (Pistols and shotguns, odd m41, and i've seen them with smartguns twice, weak vest armor and a helmet)

Contaminent teams (m41s, Flame throwers, full body armor, very strong)

'The Bears', the Elite ones (Shotguns, M41s, Wears a comercial version of the Marine armor Not sure if they wear helmets, most of them don't, i can remember seeing them without helmets but not with them).

Good old Yuet-Ja, Thats right, the hunter of man, the Predator, they wear anything from no armor to very little, they can heal them selves, and they can regain energy in seconds using an energy Sift, but it's real loud and bright, so they have to use it carefully.

Alice, you don't fight the one in the film, you fight the militery grade Alice, weapon systems inclued Laser beams, multi-barrel cannon (minigun), missiles, flamer.

If you have a rocket launcher you can take one out easily if you can get out of bear of its weapons.

A Predator is weaker but you have to find it first, but the marines rocket system can actualy track them, the rocket system also warns you when its pointing at a potential target! I have no idea if this is possible in OFP!

Next week they'll pull all my wisdom teeth! crazy.gif

In addition, I have to take some exams in February and March and must work on my bachelor thesis. Therefore I'll reduce my activities: I'll start the works on "weapon pack 2" in April.

Ok, if you don't miss the "smart" in smartgun we can create one:

-I have to create a new Drake-like soldier with steadycam-arm (one part named-selected as body, on part named-selected as weapon)

-The standard weaponwalk-animations can be animated with OFPAnim, the resulting new movement class can be implemented with the new Drake-like soldier (moves="mymovesclass").

-I have to prevent the Drake-soldier from this weapon-on-back-action (how?)

-Since it is very difficult to control the pick-up and put-down of the smartgun, it will be non-dropable (candrop=0; ?)

The creation of an alien should be possible (O2 + OFPAnim + much time), but the main enemy will be corporation troops:

secret units in black armour with FN F3000 (looking like the F2000, but with more firepower) and Miniguns (counterpart to the M56).

You will see, the USCM demo mission will be enhanced step by step (next on: replacing Russians by WY-troops). biggrin.gif

Much to do. And yes, perhaps I should buy this manual... wink.gif

Besides having stuff that could replace most of the stuff already in the game it has good info for mission makers about the unit formations and tactics.

Everything you need to know to out nerd someone about the Colonial Marines.

I'm starting to make missions and i'll defintely use these eventually.

Just make the Bears, they're look well cool.

The Weyland Yutani Sniper rifle is cool to, its a railgun, AP and explodeds on impact. Its actualy designed to kill preds, they often try to set up traps on AvP2, but, well, i'm far to smart for that one!

Look on that web address i gave earlyer, it has loads of pictures of the Bears and the Corperates, just to remind you, the Bears are hired by the corperations as extra fire power

-"I hear fowley got his arms ripped off by one of the bears"

-"Nah, he was having an arm ressling contest, the guy got so pissed off he broke both his arms!"

-"They used to use the bears to teach towns a lesson, only problem is, when the bears are done there is no more town"

Is it possible to edit OFP's sky, turning the hue from blue to red or purple to simulate alien worlds (as well as obviously custom textures for the gound). Or changing the suns illumination to red or green like with a flare.

Having 2 threads is greedy smile.gif Please continue discussion in the thread that Der Bastler has linked to smile.gif