Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Radio traffic prioritisation

There really needs to be some Radio Traffic Prioritisation, so that important and time-sensitive information can be transmittted.

A good example of this is when you are a Tank commander and you issue the fire command but other AI units are reporting seeing something.

E.g. You "Target T80", then press Fire button it should immediatly say "Fire", but if 4,7 and 9 are all yelling about "Enemy T80 1000", "Enemy BMP Very Far" etc then the fire command is queued until they are all finished talking it gets really anoying after a while.

Priority should be.

1. Commander (to troops)

2. Vehicle (People in Vehicle)

3. Group Reports Seeing something

4. HQ Commands

5. Group Status reports (e.g. Injured)

6. Support Replies (e.g. Supporting EC32)

Or more realistically have overtalk - e.g. several people speaking at once.

Comments?

I got tired of not being able to fire when in a tank as commander. So I just target and use manual fire. Works pretty well, till the fix the radio.

That has happened to me very often... I like Ali's voice (from Stoners House of Pancakes)... high pitched but quick and to the point tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Jan. 13 2003,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got tired of not being able to fire when in a tank as commander.  So I just target and use manual fire.  Works pretty well, till the fix the radio.<span id='postcolor'>

But then you still can't give your gunner the target until previous radio messages end, but it helps.

I know, this is annoying and, potentially, deadly. confused.gif

Happens all the time.