Sign in to follow this  
Hupara

Grenade explosion script

Hello,

Another question, hope somebody can help.. not much hope for that to happen:D

There is scripts like fuse and shrapnel effect in some addon grenades, but i haven't been able to figure it out how to add them to my own grenades.

Can somebody explain the process where and how I put the script to grenade it to do something when it expoldes and how I make it have a fuse for about 3 seconds.

Also the grenade bounching on the ground effect confuses me. Is it somehow related to grenades .p3d file because even if I copy the grenade in config file and only change the .p3d file, the effects are gone.

Please help me!

3 hours ago, Hupara said:

Also the grenade bounching on the ground effect confuses me. Is it somehow related to grenades .p3d file because even if I copy the grenade in config file and only change the .p3d file, the effects are gone.

If you're talking about BD grenades, then IIRC yes - bouncing is possible thanks to grenade having mass defined in Geometry LOD.

Thank you for the answer! Well actually meant liberation mod grenades wchich are great. They rotate when flying, bounce on the ground ja have shrapnel effect when exploding. Also explosion effect is better.

Does anyone know how execute script when grende explodes? I need that shrapnel effect.

come on already, anyone? How do i execute shrapnel effect on my mod?

Did you look at BD grenades to start with? When i'm home maybe i can come up with a sample.

One question is are you making a mod or a mission? Implementation would be different.

Thank you very much for your reply. I would be very pleased if you could help. I am making mod and sample would be great! 

Zulu1 are you home yet?  Seems like a long trip 😄

thanks for the help. I made it my own!