Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

That's it for today at least

It's been reported before and boringly I'm reporting it again.

Melee mechanics and controller not responding have frustrated me for the last time (at least for the rest of today). I have despatched many outlanders with my trusty blade, but the recent melee changes have tipped the balance too much in the favour of outlanders with firearms. Also the incidence of the controller not responding have increased to such an extent that it happens in excess of 50% of attacks. I've just had to stand and be finished off after being in position to complete a kill. Couldn't strike or get out of the building due to controller not responding.

Off for a nostalgic trek around the wastelands with dogmeat.

I'm right there with you, I have to complete a challenge of killing 5 outlanders with melee weapons and I thought it should't be too bad.

I was wrong, it's BAD, half the time after the first or second swing it just doesn't respond anymore, I'll hit the trigger or click the joystick and nothing. no action at all and I just have to accept I'm going to die. The other half I get one or two good hits but it swings SO slow that I'm sure as dead because the other person has so much time between swings to mow me down with their weapon.

I've only been able to get 2 and that's because the other person had a melee weapon and we both kept swinging until I got lucky and got the last hit. The other was also luck as an outlander dropped from a good height in front of me and was hurt and I ran in quick with my melee weapon to finish him.

If it makes you feel any better about half the time you are locking up the guy with a gun as well.  If he empties his magazine then he cant reload until he switches weapons.  That is super annoying for both sides....

I am ready for some major bug clean up.  The thing that gets me is that the game is  utilizing unreal engine.   So,  I am not sure why they keep reinventing the wheel when there are many library plugs that could address these issues.  Just seems like no one is actually working on the game.   

Good point Wyvern,

I reported that occurrence when I first noticed the controller freezing bug. In that instance neither of use could use our weapons, and we just stood looking at each other for 30 seconds or so until his functionality partially returned and he opened the door to get away.

But since it's never happened for me. Just my controller locked and the opponent was free to despatch me. Maybe the outlander did change weapons, couldn't really tell.

Decided to try today with 2 blades and see if changing makes a difference

Seems to do the trick. Not one controller freeze today.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:16 AM, Oldninja said:

Good point Wyvern,

I reported that occurrence when I first noticed the controller freezing bug. In that instance neither of use could use our weapons, and we just stood looking at each other for 30 seconds or so until his functionality partially returned and he opened the door to get away.

But since it's never happened for me. Just my controller locked and the opponent was free to despatch me. Maybe the outlander did change weapons, couldn't really tell.

Decided to try today with 2 blades and see if changing makes a difference