Sakuragi10

Stutter/lags

Hi, i using arma 3 from 1 day, i have a problem the game stuttering, they are like little lags (less than a second) like a little freeze of frames and then continue normally, i have a ryzen 5 2600 and rx580 8GB with 16GB ram ddr4.

The weird thing, the game have a solid 60fps but even lowering the graphics setting the game have this lags, is like if for half of second or less the game freeze, why?

thank you

I assume your game is running on a HDD? Arma often has to load stuff from disk on-demand. If the disk is too slow it will freeze until the disk replies with the needed data.

Could be because of 3rd party processes on PC. I had this once when antivirus had an update which was later reverted, that was making the game stutter. Google Chrome has this effect if there are many tabs open. In your case could be something similar too.

usually the little stutters are a Process that is polling every x-seconds.

A utility that checks the temp of some hardware,or some such. I have even had FPS overlay counters do that. Sometimes changing priority (game to highest, crap to lowest) can do wonders. But there is also the lag from latency for settings in your Bios