Sign in to follow this  
wyvern01

Ammo

My ammo is still disappearing when I leave an encounter....

If I am fully loaded with other items it seems to have no where to go when I leave and just disappears.  This seems to happen less when I have a space or two available at the end of an encounter, but it still happens the majority of the time.  The PPsH is particularly bad for this.   This is getting expensive. 

As you say, if your inventory is full there is no available space for any ammo loaded in your weapons.

If you have spaces then they will fill until they are maxed.

For instance if your weapon is a Suomi, it will hold 72 rounds (if you take in that amount of ammo, you will notice that your inventory reads 35/35/2 covering 3 spaces when selecting your load out).

When you get into the encounter the Suomi will be fully loaded and you have an empty inventory.

But if for instance if you use no ammo, and you only have one space in your inventory when you exit, you will have 35 ammo when you get back to the shelter. Two spaces, 70 etc.

When you start the encounter check how many inventory spaces your ammo takes up. You need to ensure you exit with the same number of empty spaces if you want to retain your loaded ammo.

Very true. I think other outlanders get frustrated at losing ammo and post before fully interrogating the other forum content.

Well, obviously you two need to have fewer opinions on what is important in general.  I especially like how ninja posts a long winded description of the original post.  Its pretty obvious what the issue is.  Its not a feature its a bug.  Its also a very expensive bug in terms of materials.   

No need to be pissy. It’s simple that flooding the same topic in separate threads makes it harder to call attention to the issue as a collective.

I fail to see how any of that is obvious regarding our opinions.

Hi Wyvern,

I'm not so sure it's a bug.

This is not an attempt to say I've played this game for longer than you, therefore my opinions matter more. As they don't.

But please hear me out.

WARNING! Entering long winded mode.

When I started playing loot was scarce. Very scarce and the PvP gameplay was more intensive with fewer survival tactics employed. A little like Fortnite mentality. I would probably survive in 50% of the encounters I entered and never left with a full inventory. If you read one of my early posts to this forum, I complained that to get my next shelter upgrade I required 1200 or so Chemicals, had about 50, and was picking up a maximum of 10 per successful encounter. Won't repeat the maths, but it boiled down to playing an awful lot of encounters to achieve the upgrade. Now it seems the majority of outlanders employ tactics to maximise loot (and there is an awful lot more available) and where possible avoid open engagement with other outlanders. I can now play all afternoon and not be killed once if I choose avoidance tactics.

What I'm getting to, is that I believe the original game design specification never considered that players would leave with a full inventory. Therefore the feature of losing ammo due to lack of inventory space wasn't a problem for outlanders.

So from my perspective it isn't a bug. But, now there is more loot available, and more tactics employed, perhaps the design specification needs updating to stop outlanders losing loaded ammo.

Leaving long winded mode...

We agree that it needs fixing, but not on its designation.