avibird 1

Looking for pros and cons for setting up tasks using the new task modules versus triggers versus Description.ext setup.

What do you guys think is the most efficient easiest way to setup tasks for a mission.

We all know with arma there are many ways to setup things within the game environment especially with all the new Eden editor functions 

I am definitely a creature of habit when it comes to Arma but I am trying to open knowledge how to accomplish things within the game.

I typically setup my mission tasks using triggers before that it was using Description.ext. I have not really experiment using the new test modules it just seems to me there's a lot of things you need to place down and syn just to get a task to work. I only need two triggers for each task using triggers.

will using Triggers over the new task modules affect game performance.

@avibird 1,

"... it just seems to me there's a lot of things you need to place down and syn just to get a task to work."

Tasks are easy. You can create a single task and move it around as need be. Or create/delete/cancel/unassign, ect each time a new objective is determined.

This is how I  use a single task for everything,

// create a task by pasting it basically anywhere script will go (init properties, init, trigger, whatever)
[true,["task1"],["Mission Objective","Objective","Target"],objNULL,1,3,false] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;
["task1","ASSIGNED"] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

//to hide the task from the player
["task1",[objNULL,false]] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;

//to show the task at position (replace _pos with any known object or location)
["task1",[_pos,true]] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;

Check this out,

Have fun!

• Like 2