LX Murphy76

communes & sharing

It would be great if we could build communes to share Weapons and materials.. maybe with other benfits.. 😉  But... with an option or an automatic bann for people they kill a member of the commune or breaking the rules. After that they are visible (a couple weeks) on the map for all the other members as an outcast (also on the server ).. or something like that.. This is just an idea.. 🙂

best regards
Murphy

• Like 1

Hi, I fully agree with it.

Please add a feature to share weapons, ammunition and stuff during a run with your coop mate and a way to meet together at a home to share also there.

If sharing is not possible then please add a feature to drop stuff to the ground or any empty boxes on a run as an workaround.

Also having some traps would be cool 🙂

This would be some nice feature to this great game.

🙂

KR Eru

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 4:22 AM, Eruvadhor said:

Hi, I fully agree with it.

Please add a feature to share weapons, ammunition and stuff during a run with your coop mate and a way to meet together at a home to share also there.

If sharing is not possible then please add a feature to drop stuff to the ground or any empty boxes on a run as an workaround.

Also having some traps would be cool 🙂

This would be some nice feature to this great game.

🙂

KR Eru

Fully agree with some sort of share/send/drop to teammates from your crafting/unequipped inventory menu. 

I'm afraid I disagree, and below is my reason.

The object of the game is to loot, including opening the vault and collecting air drops. Air drop crates (and challenge crates) being the only way to procure plans for weapons.

You join a 'commune' where one guy has already picked up the plan say for an ADR. What incentive have other 'commune' members got to go out and get crates if they can get the weapon from another member?

This game for me is essentially about solo survival. Get your own plans, upgrade your shelter by getting loot yourself and don't rely on others.

It is possible to exchange weapons with a team mate in game, by trading through weapon boxes or dead outlanders. And for me that's more than enough.

I'll quote a simple example. My grandkids got me to play Clash of Clans. Different game scenario I know, but the principle being the point.

They are all around Town Hall 10/11/12. As soon as I could join their Clan (@Town Hall 4 I think) they sent me top level troops that helped me destroy anyone else at my level. Deleted it. Too easy with advanced partners.

My point being, I want to progress through my own initiative. So if you want 'communes', fine but not for trading anything that gives you an advantage.

I understand what you mean but you can use any weapon at any time... you only need 1 lucky round and kill someone with a good weapon or good loot in the first round.

I have around 15 AUR and enough ammo without having the plan or share with a mate... same to many other weapons ... lots of sniper and MG´s.
To get a good weapon you dont need the sharing feature...  we need this sharing tool for more reasons...
Example: you are out on a run with your mate but he is low or out of ammo and you are full, why I cant give him some ammo ? Its realistic to share stuff...Same for medics...

Example: your mate has 1.000 glas on stock and doesnt need one, why the hell he cant give me some who has no glas and didnt find enough ? he is my duo mate, outlanders helps outlanders if they are friendly 🙂 
Also it is nice to share a simple weapon, why not? its a team play and teammembers help each other.

Eruvadhor,

You make some good points in support of trading. Especially the ammo sharing suggestion, but I'm not convinced about materials trading. I'm unsure of how sharing ammo could be achieved within the current restrictions of an encounter, but I wouldn't be against it.

I do think there should be some form of materials trading, maybe trading food for materials at an appropriate exchange rate that doesn't make it too easy to build up supplies.

But I do feel that improving your shelter and upgrading your workbench etc should be a single player activity, achieved by your own looting tactics and skills and by collecting air drops and challenge crates.

I would be all for Communes (clan) with roughly similar base/house mechanics to maybe State of Decay 2

Being able to sell materials for crowns........vice versa. 

Sharing in battle

Adding more personalization to the house or base in the form of skins or functional upgrades to the structure and or land it is on. 

Anything to make the team players feel more like its a team effort as opposed to a singular effort. The risk would be excommunication, losing shared privileges, having to establish a brand new house/base. 

I would like to present this suggestion. Make it so you can drop items on ground by having a box drop as if an Outlander died. Once the box is placed you can the add to it as if you were choosing your loadout. Once picked up the box empties or disappears. If a box or another object is obstructing the drop area you will not be able to drop it. It would make trading easier intense and I wouldn't think it would be insanely hard to do. The code is all already there.