karphead

friendly AI leader keeps calling the insertion chopper back

hi, mp scenario, i have a script that dumps off a task force from a chopper and i've given the user the option to NOT be the leader when that happens. everything goes ok, all the units disembark, chopper starts to take off and the goddam AI leader wants to order everyone back on board. what is the best way to prevent him from doing this? keep in mind sometimes the user will be that team lead. just looking for ideas, i can probably figure out the coding if someone can point me in the right direction. please god, let there be a command i missed.

i believe i found the commands i need under disableAI or disableConversation, sorry, carry on

First of all I’d have the chopper crew and the insertion squad in two separate groups (well, you probably have already).

Second, commands like disableAI is probably a little too micro managing. Instead, look at commands like moveout and unassignVehicle. The problem I guess is that the units are still assigned to the chopper, and the natural behavior for AI is to try to enter the vehicle they are assigned to.

20 minutes ago, engima said:

Second, commands like disableAI is probably a little too micro managing. Instead, look at commands like moveout and unassignVehicle. The problem I guess is that the units are still assigned to the chopper, and the natural behavior for AI is to try to enter the vehicle they are assigned to.

Yes, using disableAI is probably a little drastic here, when it certainly sounds like unassignVehicle is the simplest solution.