Josh Eads

Recoil inconsistent

I've already posted about my complaints with recoil being way too uncontrollable... however something else I just noticed. The recoil is less when single tapping a gun set to fully auto compared to when gun is set to single shot... if I have gun on single shot and fire one shot. It's more recoil then if I turn gun to full auto and take one shot. That makes no sence? I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy by all my post I personally think this game and be GREAT just providing my feedback tho 🙂 I have four fingers crossed the aiming system and the recoil is fixed because this game could be soooooo good!!!

I would tend to support your comments. I always switch to single when starting an encounter.

But.... I don't want the game mechanics to provide players with easy kills. For me it should be hard to kill other outlanders.

Before 'reset day', it was too easy, the cheapest weapon available at that time was the Suomi, and on full auto you could take other outlanders out with a relatively short burst to the body.

I'm in favour of a little less recoil, but not much, as I've mentioned in other threads, gun fights are rarely equal as one outlander' generally comes across another and has an immediate advantage. I want to be able to survive an initial onslaught, and either escape or return fire.

• Thanks 1

I agree I don't want it super easy to kill people. However I never played before the update you speak of either lol. But wow I have such hard time killing anyone! I am an experienced shooter gamer and there's been times when I run up on a unexpecting Outlander and I feel I barely took them down to half life while I lay there Dead on the floor watching my loot being taken lol. The aiming and recoil is out of hand and like you said maybe dumb it down a little I would be ok with that but it needs addressed for sure.

Just use the Soumi, best gun in the game. Crouch, hold down slightly, outgun everyone until the server makes your bullets stop working 😉

I agree , i think the recoil is inconsistent for weapons that have Semi-Automatic & Fully-Automatic firing modes. If you're firing a gun in Fully-Automatic mode but as a semi-automatic then why should the recoil be any different? I presume it is just the devs way at creating a balance for the firearms that apply to this but i find it weird. Most weapons I've come across don't suit fully-automatic anyway so i tend to just ignore it.