Sign in to follow this  
pin15192

Missions for winter nogojev ?

Has anyone custom missions on Kegetys Winter Nogojev 1.1 island (new Winter Kolgujev)? This island seems wonderful but I've found no missions on it (searched gamezone.cz, Avon Lady's, @war,...)  confused.gif

Gasp! wow.gif

First search The FAQ for "1985 winter" and download the winterized version of the Cold War Crisis campaign, with Nogojev used for Kolgujev.

Next, go to The FAQ's MOM section and download mission Canadian Huskies.

I should make a note to provide Nogojev versions of MOM missions Terror Tactics and Cold War as well. smile.gif

If the geography is the same as Kolgujev, you might be able to rename the extension of existing Kolgujev missions to run on Winter Nogojev. Of course, you might want to change all the troops and vehicles to winter equivalents.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 10 2003,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the geography is the same as Kolgujev, you might be able to rename the extension of existing Kolgujev missions to run on Winter Nogojev.<span id='postcolor'>

Just to point out that this may be insufficient for existing winter Kolgujev missions, if they referred to any of the winter soldier or vehicle addons.

In that case, you'll have to UnPBO the mission, remove all exisiting addon declaration sections in file MISSION.SQM, open the mission folder in the OFP editor and save it.

Aren t the towns different on Nogojev ?

I think transforming Kogujev missions to Nogojev will give problems with units in or close to buildings.

A problem with the 1985 winter solved?:

I dowloaded and installed all the required files from www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ , but when I started the game it gave an error message:

No entry: config.bin/cfgWeapons.SEB_MP5

and after starting the winter campaign:

No entry:Modelspecial

The problem seems to be the TJP Pavehawk Winter camo, version 1.1 (I couldn't open either model in the editor). I dowloaded version 1.0 from operationflashpoint.cz and no error messages after that when starting the game or the campaign. However, now there's only one version of the winter Pavehawk (with the MG). Does this affect the winter 1985 campaign in any way?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 12 2003,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A problem with the 1985 winter solved?:

I dowloaded and installed all the required files from www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ , but when I started the game it gave an error message:

No entry: config.bin/cfgWeapons.SEB_MP5

and after starting the winter campaign:

No entry:Modelspecial

The problem seems to be the TJP Pavehawk Winter camo, version 1.1 (I couldn't open either model in the editor). I dowloaded version 1.0 from operationflashpoint.cz and no error messages after that when starting the game or the campaign. However, now there's only one version of the winter Pavehawk (with the MG). Does this affect the winter 1985 campaign in any way?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you download all of the required addons from The FAQ? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 12 2003,15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you download all of the required addons from The FAQ? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

All but the winter Nogojev addon, which I downloaded from Kegetys' site (but that can't be the problem?). confused.gif

Actually i'm working on Winter-Nogojev-Mission. Featuring a squad of my own Leopard 2A4 in Winter-Camo.

Should be out in sum weeks when i'm both finished with the reskin of Leopard 2A4 and the mission itself. Both work is going on simultaneously.

Maybe i post screens and short mission description if wanted.

Regards

GM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 12 2003,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 12 2003,15wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you download all of the required addons from The FAQ? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

All but the winter Nogojev addon, which I downloaded from Kegetys' site (but that can't be the problem?).  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No obviosuly not. wink.gif

What addons folder did you put everything in: \RES\ADDONS or \ADDONS\? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 12 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No obviosuly not. wink.gif

What addons folder did you put everything in: \RES\ADDONS or \ADDONS\? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Everything is in OperationFlashpoint\Addons\ like it should be, right?

The problem definitely is with the Pavehawk v1.1, since I get no error messages with 1.0. And I have v1.90 of Flashpoint.

Anyone else had this problem?

BTW, is it ok if I delete the official addons from \Addons\ since they also seem to be copied in \Res\Addons\ during the Installation?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 12 2003,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, is it ok if I delete the official addons from \Addons\ since they also seem to be copied in \Res\Addons\ during the Installation?<span id='postcolor'>

No! These files were part of the official install. Leave them alone, even though they're never used when you run the Resistance EXE program. They are referenced if you run the older OFP version.

I have no problems with the version 1.1 TJP snow camo Pavehawk that's downloadable from The FAQ. I do not and never used the earlier version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 12 2003,17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No! These files were part of the official install. Leave them alone, even though they're never used when you run the Resistance EXE program. They are referenced if you run the older OFP version.

I have no problems with the version 1.1 TJP snow camo Pavehawk that's downloadable from The FAQ. I do not and never used the earlier version.<span id='postcolor'>

This is indeed strange. Everything else (Kegetys' winter vehicles, the Cobra and the rangers) seems to be working fine. When I, for example put the Pavehawk on the desert island on the editor and press preview, I get thrown back and the error message no entry:.modelspecial pops up. What other addons do you have and what the heck is that SEB_Mp5 that I perhaps don't have?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 12 2003,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I, for example put the Pavehawk on the desert island on the editor and press preview, I get thrown back and the error message no entry:.modelspecial pops up. What other addons do you have and what the heck is that SEB_Mp5 that I perhaps don't have?<span id='postcolor'>

I just tested this. I was able to place both the regular and MG snow camp Pavehawks on Desert Island and use them without any errors.

Sounds like you might have some other bad addon that's conflicting with the TPJ snow camo Pavehawk.

Regarding the SEB_Mp5 problem, my guess is that there, too, you may have conflicting addons.

Actually I don't have that many addons installed. Only the listed addons for the winter 1985, russian weapons pack, editorupgrade 1.11 and dynamicrange for 1.90. However I've had the previous dynamicrange addon before I upgraded to resistance and I may have wrong versions of files in the flashpoint\bin folder, which could cause the prolem. crazy.gif

Are the old files in \bin folder (for version 1.46?) available for download anywhere (or is it possible to extract them from the patch file) or do I have to reinstall the whole game? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tykäri @ Jan. 12 2003,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are the old files in \bin folder (for version 1.46?) available for download anywhere (or is it possible to extract them from the patch file) or do I have to reinstall the whole game? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Messy! Messy!

You cannot extract them from the patch.

You cannot download them from anywhere.

You could, however, attempt to copy the file from your original OFP CD and see if you could run patch 1.46 again but I would guess that an error would occur.

However, if you're playing Resistance, it doesn't care about the old BIN directory. Resistance references the \RES\BIN\ folder.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 13 2003,08wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, if you're playing Resistance, it doesn't care about the old BIN directory. Resistance references the \RES\BIN\ folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Then I really am puzzled. I guess I'll have to reinstall the game at some point. The winter 1985, at least the first few missions I have tried, seems to be working well with v1.0 of the aircraft, but I'm expecting that some problems could pop up later. I just got the resistance expansion and I'm going to finish it before attempting the winter 1985 anyway.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 09 2003,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First search The FAQ for "1985 winter" and download the winterized version of the Cold War Crisis campaign, with Nogojev used for Kolgujev.

Next, go to The FAQ's MOM section and download mission Canadian Huskies.

I should make a note to provide Nogojev versions of MOM missions Terror Tactics and Cold War as well. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The download files for winter missions Coldwar, by Devilchaser, and Terror Tactics, by Aculaud, reviewed quite a while ago in The FAQ's MOM section, now include PBO files that support Kegetys' Winter Nogojev Island addon.

So if you've got OFP version 1.85 or above and have the Winter Nogojev Island addon as well, you can now enjoy these winter missions.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The download files for winter missions Coldwar, by Devilchaser, and Terror Tactics, by Aculaud, reviewed quite a while ago in The FAQ's MOM section, now include PBO files that support Kegetys' Winter Nogojev Island addon.

So if you've got OFP version 1.85 or above and have the Winter Nogojev Island addon as well, you can now enjoy these winter missions.

<span id='postcolor'>

Theavonlady : Great Thanks for your replies and for your work at The FAQ.

I've (re)started the 1985 winter campaign and it works right for me. Do you know if the missions on Winter Nogojev with falling snow use the Snowstorm or the Kegetys' script ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pin15192 @ Jan. 14 2003,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've (re)started the 1985 winter campaign and it works right for me. Do you know if the missions on Winter Nogojev with falling snow use the Snowstorm or the Kegetys' script ?<span id='postcolor'>

They use the required snowstorm addon. I did not modify its usage in the campaign.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pin15192 @ Jan. 09 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone custom missions on Kegetys Winter Nogojev 1.1 island (new Winter Kolgujev)? This island seems wonderful but I've found no missions on it (searched gamezone.cz, Avon Lady's, @war,...) confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

check our download section at

SES_Logo.jpg

We have the missions seperated according to which island they are located on - we have several custom missions for Winter Nogojev and some converted Kolguyev missions.