BritishPolitenessPolice

Arma 3 Launcher Not Working

Hi, I've recently installed Arma 3 for the first time, but ran into trouble at literally the first step.

I'll click "play" on steam, and it won't launch. It'll say "running", then immediately say "syncing" and close outright. I can run the Arma.exe itself from the folder, but the launcher won't run, nor will it run in administrator mode. Looking at Task Manager, the launcher runs in background but instantly says "suspended" then closes. I've reinstalled .NET which hasn't fixed it, I've verified the game files but that hasn't worked, I've gone into AppData and deleted the file beginning with arma3launcher.exe_URL but that hasn't fixed it, running the launcher in safe mode didn't work, nor has a clean reinstall of Arma itself helped.

https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting I visited this page too, and I've done literally everything on that list. Nothing worked. Reinstalled .net and the C++ redistributable, safe mode didn't even open (it had the option to reset settings and disable hardware acceleration, but it never opened the launcher itself and disabling HA did nothing), ran it in administrator, and I don't use Raptr, RadeonPro, or SweetFX.

My Arma 3 Launcher Logs are here - https://pastebin.com/TJH3C7vC

According to the logs, it isn't detecting a graphics card that can support DirectX10 or higher which is strange considering I have a dedicated graphics card, a GTX 1060 and DirectX12 installed currently. 

yeah i got the launcher working after stoping my workshop addons from updating on the download manager, idk but the servers aren't showing up on the launcher it'self right nwo also might be a broken game until bethesda fixes the patch they added todady

Servers are not showing up now also, i played all day today, took a break, restarted my game, now no Official servers are showing up at all. i hit recent tab and after 3-4 Min's it showed the recent servers i played on at least.this last update seems to have screwed up the server list.. way to go Bohemia, seems to me that the programmers you have working for you do not test anything before you update it..so with this being said hire some programmers that know what they are doing, you seem to like that money you get from mod's but you haven't anyone that seems to know what "test" before release means.

Hey fellas welcome to Bis forums!

Sorry to read about your troubles.

14 hours ago, BritishPolitenessPolice said:

I can run the Arma.exe itself from the folder, but the launcher won't run

Happy you posted here as suggested!

As i mentioned on the steam thread, have you tried Armasync yet, and if so has that worked?

Armasync

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Sounds like the issue is with the launcher itself and not the game, the launcher can be used for other things other then launching the game that is if you can get it to work

but for example, i only use armasync to choose mods i installed, create mod groups, setup startup parameters for the game, even start the game where it will take me directly to a

mission i been working on, and of course start the game for you.

Theres a video on that armaholic page for armasync that shows you how to use it.

I'd hate to see a new guy to the game unable to play over a launcher, like i said theres alternative ways to start the game, idk what to tell you other then

that about the arma3 launcher maybe some else knows more

I already linked the launcher trouble shooting link on your steam thread which you said you tried everything, so its got to be something else, maybe someone else has a solution.

13 hours ago, Sharki117 said:

bethesda

The developers behind Arma3 is Bi, or BIS for short, the actual name is Bohemia Interactive Software.

im sure this is what you meant but Bethesda is a whole nother company.

12 hours ago, sgtbob said:

way to go Bohemia, seems to me that the programmers you have working for you do not test anything before you update

Lets not be so cynical about everything, try not to present yourself in a bad light especially starting with your first post, i can understand the frustration, and irritation

but your response isn't necessary nor does it solve anything.

Feedback of what the issue is will help BIS take a look further at what could be conflicting,

this isn't a simple game they built here, so sometimes updates break things, in that light mistakes or problems allow the developers to better polish.

Also review this thread

For your two @Sharki117 and @sgtbob

Arma3 launcher

Try this out https://a3launcher.com/

You can use this as an alternative to the Arma3 launcher for servers, and to even start the game.

You guys can also use this to browse servers and then connect through steam:

Server Browser

http://master.bistudio.com/?page=1&count=10&sorting[mod]=desc&game_id=6

Hope that helps! Cheers!

23 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

The developers behind Arma3 is Bi, or BIS for short, the actual name is Bohemia Interactive Software.

They are BI, or BI for short. Full name Bohemia Interactive Studios.
BIS is Bohemia Interactive Simulations.

14 hours ago, BritishPolitenessPolice said:

It'll say "running", then immediately say "syncing" and close outright.

Have you tried verifying your game files in Steam?

Does steam show Arma 3 as currently "downloading"? There is a steam bug where since the update steam just wouldn't update Arma, and the Launcher sees that, tries to finish the update, fails and repeats.

Also the Steam workshop is currently broken, so if you have workshop mods that might also be causing issues.

7 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

They are BI, or BI for short. Full name Bohemia Interactive Studios.
BIS is Bohemia Interactive Simulations.

Knew this already but thanks for clarifying, always used BIS in whatever subject about them.

11 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Also the Steam workshop is currently broken, so if you have workshop mods that might also be causing issues.

Yup been finding this out, as soon as i started the arma3 launcher there were a handful of mods that were updating.