Hello guys,

I was thinkg to create an F.O.B. during my game - so unloading containers and similar.

I was trying to find a sort of big deployable tent, is there aynthing as far as you know?

If nothing has already been made, how do you think the command "createSimpleObject" would work in a scenario with loads of people? (Maybe I could have a script on an obj that delete that and spawns the tenti stead on the same position).

If you think this option would work, where do I find the name of the object I want?

Thank you.

tents can be found here:

Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

sadly there are images of small tents only. But you could try to spawn other tents and then you ll see if it fits your needs.

createSimpleObject should be a good command to work with for your purpose.

I might still need some help on this.

The createSimpleObject doesnt allow me to select a position from a marker/other object but I need to give some coordinates with PositionASL.

If I do a getPositionASL of the object I need to replace, how can I set those coordinates in PositionASL without using the command setPositionASL?

Or is there any other way I can reach my goal with another command without using premade coordinates?

12 hours ago, RCA3 said:

I think these won't work :(

I found the function BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject, the syntax is [object] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject - if I put it in the init of the obj I want to swap, the [ogbject] has to be the same of the one I want?

_pos = getPosASL _oldObject;

deleteVehicle _oldObject;

_newObject = createSimpleObject [className, _pos]

why should this not work?

• Thanks 1

_pos = getPos container;
deleteVehicle container;

createSimpleObject ["Land_PartyTent_01_F", setPos _pos];

You can clearly see I am still at the beginning.

This is was I did and that was wrong ^^

Thank you to the both of you guys!

Here again.

After I create the object, is there a way to deploy it on a chosen position?

Like when you craft something and you want to place it somewhere.

After that, is there any chance to save all these objects' position so I can use them in another mission?

Maybe every time something is positioned, a copy of that object goes into another empty map in the exact same position

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I am no scripter (not yet) and I have too many ideas lol