Sign in to follow this  
ronin1979ca

Arma Grand Theft Auto Ambience.

Run-time with my systems have exceeded one week during test cycles without issues.

• Like 1

Is anyone interested in running admin for this server?  If people are using it I will do more dev work and improvements.

Wasteland isn't my thing and I barely even have time to check the forums so unfortunately I can't help you there.

I like what you've done though.

I'm curious to know how many people can be playing on your sever with the ambiance mod running before it starts to lag too much or drop frames. 
I've been wanting to do something similar for my game mode but at 96 players max I think it might be too much. 

7 hours ago, squirrel0311 said:

Wasteland isn't my thing and I barely even have time to check the forums so unfortunately I can't help you there.

I like what you've done though.

I'm curious to know how many people can be playing on your sever with the ambiance mod running before it starts to lag too much or drop frames. 
I've been wanting to do something similar for my game mode but at 96 players max I think it might be too much. 

It won't drop frames or lag too much. The ambient system is part of some more advanced stuff that improves everything.

I do include a balancing algorithm that takes into account frame rate data, player count etc.  It's not quite ai, but it shouldn't have any issues keeping the server healthy.  The system is automated and smart, with stability and frame rate in mind.  With enough people the ambient system will taper and eventually stop if necessary.

My systems are also capable of running over a week continuously, without restarting.  That means no pesky midnight restart.  I also have a working version of exile, and my own CTI styled game mode.  I am capable of coding my improvements into almost anything.

I can use my systems on other game modes as well, improve run time and reduce lag etc.  I'd like to host a server people will use.

The more use the server gets, the more time I will put into adding content, improving missions and adding feature request.

I see. That looks pretty sweet!

I take it they're generated server side right? So everyone playing would be able to see the same civilian and the same color clothes/vehicle? 

If you had a small number of AI civilians, could you make it so that whenever one was killed it would detract points from a players score?

For my game mode, I'd like to have around 10-15 civilians running or driving around the AO. Players would have to take care and ensure they get positive ID on enemy targets before engaging; killing civilians would detract from their XP.