pvt. partz

Pilgrimage, Silent---Unseen

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Not sure, what you mean exactly by "can't trade", but reputation is not involved. In general here are "Buy stuff" action visibility conditions for civilian merchants:

"(((player distance _target) < 8 ) and {(alive _target) and {not ((RYD_JR_inStealth) or {RYD_JR_inCombat})}})"

So must be closer, than 8 meters, merchant must be alive, you don't know about any enemy and no enemy knows about you. It is similar also for other services, like doctors or mechanics. 

Yeah the buy action isnt there but just the intel actions

Oh i see. During that time there were enemies on the map but they were fighting far from the town afaik. Could that explain why I couldn't buy anything?

If you see any enemy marker on the map (if you have enabled those in game settings) - it is "known enemy", hence no buy action. Also, there may be no enemy marker, but some enemy somewhere still has some knowledge about you, also in that case no buy action until he "forget" about you (can take some minutes if he will not see or hear you anew). The idea is to limit certain actions until it is "safe". That was my way to define, when it's safe.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

If you see any enemy marker on the map (if you have enabled those in game settings) - it is "known enemy", hence no buy action. Also, there may be no enemy marker, but some enemy somewhere still has some knowledge about you, also in that case no buy action until he "forget" about you (can take some minutes if he will not see or hear you anew). The idea is to limit certain actions until it is "safe". That was my way to define, when it's safe.

Oh that explains it lol

Just started trying out this scenario, what do the enemy planes flying by do? never been shot by one yet

51 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

what do the enemy planes flying by do?

Well, they... do a fly by. 🙂 It's part of the ambient. The situation depicted in this scenario is the Eastern Front closing in. Increased airforce presence is part of that context, so they obviously have more important tasks than trying to spot and attack some guy wandering about. 

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Well, they... do a fly by. 🙂 It's part of the ambient. The situation depicted in this scenario is the Eastern Front closing in. Increased airforce presence is part of that context, so they obviously have more important tasks than trying to spot and attack some guy wandering about. 

I also think they are used to spy around the map and notify the ground troops too. I sometimes get radio notifications of enemies reporting me when they fly by

Edit: and how does the SAD (search and destroys) and mortar system work in here? Went near a warlord base with an aircraft icon on it but no SAD. Haven't tested the mortar system tho

Mortars should work same way as in vanilla IIRC. 

Since there was no helis yet back then, I devised an alternative. Quoting internal guide, perhaps worth reading for learning about other differences: 

_air = " Enabled means that two randomly chosen airfields will have the ability to call reinforcements via radio contact, calling in a squad of elite paratroopers to your location.<br /><br /> A radio vehicle located somewhere on the airfield can be destroyed to stop the enemy from calling support"; 

18 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Mortars should work same way as in vanilla IIRC. 

Since there was no helis yet back then, I devised an alternative. Quoting internal guide, perhaps worth reading for learning about other differences: 

I'm guessing the reinforcements include armored vehicles/tanks too?

Also what is this guide you are mentioning? It's not the one on steam is it?

In the map view in the scenario you have special diary entries making an internal guide. 

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

the reinforcements include armored vehicles/tanks too?

Yes, those should work same way, as in vanilla version. Paradrop ones replace helicopter response.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

In the map view in the scenario you have special diary entries making an internal guide. 

Yes, those should work same way, as in vanilla version. Paradrop ones replace helicopter response.

Another different question,

are there a variety of tanks and armored vehicles I can get? So far I got an m3 scout, Sd.Kfz.251, and the white and green panzer iv tanks.

are there a variety of tanks and armored vehicles I can get?

I"m not sure what you are asking...You got an m3 scout, Sd.Kfz.251, and the white and green panzer iv tanks. lol. That is a variety of vehicles already. Since mods were used for this port, the variety of vehicles is less than what Arma 3 has in it's inventory.

Paratroopers

PMeV7NY.jpg

16 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

I"m not sure what you are asking...You got an m3 scout, Sd.Kfz.251, and the white and green panzer iv tanks. lol. That is a variety of vehicles already. Since mods were used for this port, the variety of vehicles is less than what Arma 3 has in it's inventory.

Paratroopers

PMeV7NY.jpg

Yeah I was just asking if there are more ifa3 tanks and armored vehicles aside from those. So far I've been seeing those only so far. Hoping to come across a russian lease lended sherman :3

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Yeah I was just asking if there are more ifa3 tanks and armored vehicles aside from those. So far I've been seeing those only so far. Hoping to come across a russian lease lended sherman :3

Really hope kingtigers arent in this scenario. Those are a pain to get rid of

It's Pilgrimage. Meaning, any non-static playable land vehicle from used mod(s) should have a chance to be present. 

9 hours ago, Rydygier said:

It's Pilgrimage. Meaning, any non-static playable land vehicle from used mod(s) should have a chance to be present. 

Wasn't it alredy mentioned that certain vehicles are not included as part of the missions classnames? For example, the ww2 armored cars mods won't be able to spawn anywhere on the map as its likely not part of the vehicle classnames 4 the mission

Ah, indeed this is special WW2 edition, and if normal Pilgrimage way would be used (taking all the stuff from the config), also vanilla modern assets would appear. So there are some blacklists and filters on place. I didn't read this code for years though, and it is not obvious which assets would be rejected. The one general rule, I see, is that the asset class must contain ["lib"] and must not contain ["DAK","dak","_w"], which, IIRC, means it is limited to IFA3 except desert and winter variants, at least that was the intent. There may be more to it, also IFA3 could change since then, but I've no time now to analyse that code. Maybe just play and see... 🙂

On 7/17/2023 at 11:47 AM, Rydygier said:

Ah, indeed this is special WW2 edition, and if normal Pilgrimage way would be used (taking all the stuff from the config), also vanilla modern assets would appear. So there are some blacklists and filters on place. I didn't read this code for years though, and it is not obvious which assets would be rejected. The one general rule, I see, is that the asset class must contain ["lib"] and must not contain ["DAK","dak","_w"], which, IIRC, means it is limited to IFA3 except desert and winter variants, at least that was the intent. There may be more to it, also IFA3 could change since then, but I've no time now to analyse that code. Maybe just play and see... 🙂

Wondering if the mission filters out other factiobn from other ww2 mods like csa or east asia war. IK for sure that the system doesn't do any filtering when it comes to loot in buildings and in shops. Was able to buy a mg42 100 rnd mag and collect an m1 garand in 45 acp from the loot in buildings. All those coming from other mods

Well, I can only tell, same "lib" class limitation is applied to weaponry, you can loot or buy. 

3 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Wondering if the mission filters out other factiobn from other ww2 mods like csa or east asia war. IK for sure that the system doesn't do any filtering when it comes to loot in buildings and in shops. Was able to buy a mg42 100 rnd mag and collect an m1 garand in 45 acp from the loot in buildings. All those coming from other mods

@pvt. partz I think this is a good question tbh...I did load some other 3rd party weapon mods and have them show up inside the loot pool but only for shops and loot boxes. Obviously enemies don't have them for good reason. I know for sure that pvt has mentioned that non-mission vehicle mods (unlike vanilla pilgrimage) are filtered out but was wondering if it was the same for custom ww2 factions.

17 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@pvt. partz I think this is a good question tbh...I did load some other 3rd party weapon mods and have them show up inside the loot pool but only for shops and loot boxes. Obviously enemies don't have them for good reason. I know for sure that pvt has mentioned that non-mission vehicle mods (unlike vanilla pilgrimage) are filtered out but was wondering if it was the same for custom ww2 factions.

Might just pbo the mission this week and load it up into editor with faction mods to see if it will accept those by default.

Ofc only for curiousity purposes, not for release

6 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Might just pbo the mission this week and load it up into editor with faction mods to see if it will accept those by default.

Ofc only for curiousity purposes, not for release

get back to me of your results :3

On 7/19/2023 at 4:59 PM, lv1234 said:

get back to me of your results :3

yeah hours of testing, non ifa3 factions are filtered. And for good reasons probably lol

• Like 1

@pvt. partzanother question, Planning to do another playthrpugh of the scenario but want the mod to feature more ww2 ambient factions. Any way to edit it in a way so that it allows other factions to appear?

For example, I want FOW factions to show up as ambient forces. IK for sure that rydieger's missions allow custom factions to appear as ambient factions including fow

I have seen tanks from the german side, are there any tanks present from the russian side in this mission? Was hoping to see some t-series russian tanks and lend lease shermans

want the mod to feature more ww2 ambient factions. Any way to edit it in a way so that it allows other factions to appear?

...Look in the RYD\JRInit.sqf file for  This  section. You'll need to find the classnames of your mod factions and replace what you need.

I have seen tanks from the german side, are there any tanks present from the russian side in this mission? Was hoping to see some t-series russian tanks and lend lease shermans

...HERE is the list if you find a mod with more (better) tanks.