Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Is ofp 2 even a reality?

Guys, I figured it out!!!  tounge.gif

We allready own VBS1!!!

VBS1 is OFP:R with highest detail and all options set to maximum. It`s that simple!! Unfortunately only the Pentagon or the marine corps can afford the hardware to handle this. I realized that, when I tried to play on high terrain detail on my Athlon XP 2400+ !!  

I guess it will only run fluid on a 5ghz machine, it HAS TO BE VBS1!!!  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Jan. 06 2003,01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">il_heloland.jpg

doesnt this look like the eastern coast of malden just south of the airport?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe it was just a testing the model, before putting it on the new island?

Ah, I was wondering why the water in the huey pic was a light blue/green but this one wasnt even OFPR water, just the regular OFP dark blue water

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Jan. 06 2003,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not OFP2 either, if anything it'l be an expansion for regular OFP<span id='postcolor'>

My hopes are, besides new addons, islands and a campaign, that there will be noticeable visual, audio and gameplay changes.

Call it what you want. I'm optimistically looking forward too it. smile.gif

In relation to the discussion on graphics: The new "Independence Lost" or whatever it will be must be an addon because some where in the forums (maybe someone saw this and can back me up) an official mentioned that the reason the graphics are able to be tweaked so high is so the game can look better on future released computers. Meaning they plan to continue to upgrade the gAme engine (hopefully). I just hope whatever's comming out is an expantion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Jan. 06 2003,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guys, I figured it out!!!  tounge.gif

We allready own VBS1!!!

VBS1 is OFP:R with highest detail and all options set to maximum. It`s that simple!! Unfortunately only the Pentagon or the marine corps can afford the hardware to handle this. I realized that, when I tried to play on high terrain detail on my Athlon XP 2400+ !!  

I guess it will only run fluid on a 5ghz machine, it HAS TO BE VBS1!!!  tounge.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SickSidewinder9 @ Jan. 06 2003,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In relation to the discussion on graphics:  The new "Independence Lost" or whatever it will be must be an addon because some where in the forums (maybe someone saw this and can back me up) an official mentioned that the reason the graphics are able to be tweaked so high is so the game can look better on future released computers.  Meaning they plan to continue to upgrade the gAme engine (hopefully).<span id='postcolor'>

Well I'm not going to go searching for the thread where this was stated by BIS but if you want to try and find it, search for "terrain detail". Yes, BIS (I believe it was Suma) said that. smile.gif