Sign in to follow this  
sparkster

Ofp: resistance sp mission "laser guide" help!

Hey, has anybody successfully completed this mission!?

Its the one, where you start at Skalice, and you have to designate a bridge to be destoryed by the airstrike.

I make it to the bridge, i use the laser designator, then i call for the aircraft support, and then it says objective complete.

As it says this, I retreat back to skalice and the mission ends. Even though it says objective complete, I still fail the mission because the bridge is still there?? Any ideas??

Am i using the laser designator incorrectly??

Thanks

smile.gif

Most likely one of the objectives is just getting there and calling for the a/c, and another is the bridge actually getting destroyed. Stay near the bridge until the aircraft gets there and lase the target for him.

hi.. right! ive tried that in vain about 20 times.. is it a glitch?? has anybody else successfully completed that mission? "laserguide"??

Any assistance gratefully received smile.gif

spark*ster

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sparkster @ Jan. 06 2003,01wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hi.. right! ive tried that in vain about 20 times.. is it a glitch?? has anybody else successfully completed that mission? "laserguide"??<span id='postcolor'>

Works! for me! I just go to an embankment above the bridge, waiting for the A10 to approach, take out the LTD, center and click once on the bridge's middle span and keep that position until the A10 drops its LGB payload.

What version of OFP are you running?

I make my way to a overlook behind the church, you get a

clear shot from there.  Use the radio to call in the plane - looks like an A-10. Hold the diamond on the bridge until it is

hit, ditch the laser, carefully go back to the town.  There are

enemy everywhere, and they are pissed.  good luck. Also try to destroy the bridge before 0300 hrs.

The way i completed was just by runing down the slope to the east of skalice and then running towards the bridge put the designator on it the second i saw it called for the A10. while i was lazing the bridge a man from an enemy patrol walked right past me he was about a foot away from me the patrol never saw me i never had to fire a shot.

Speaking of Laser Designator, what is that thing that looks like a tripod on the Designator?

In the real world, can you set it somewhere, and extract leaving the designator?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jakerod @ Jan. 07 2003,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">while i was lazing the bridge a man from an enemy patrol walked right past me he was about a foot away from me the patrol never saw me i never had to fire a shot.<span id='postcolor'>

In OPF, a prone Black Op is almost invisible.

I once had a BMP stopping right in front of me (and facing me) without noticing me.  biggrin.gif

In this mission, I simply hid in the south-eastern corner of the wood which is located east of the insertion point. I targeted the Bridge and called in the A10. After the bridge was blown up, the entire area was swarming with very angry russians, but they never found me in the wood or on my way back to the extraction point.

Right....eek! First of all im running version 1.85 on xp professional, P4 2.66GHZ and 1024MB RDRAM Geforce 4 Ti4600 and SB Audigy 2.

Ive jus finished the mission now! Sorry to keep botherin you! thanks for your help, and ill do my best to get through the rest unscathed! smile.gif

sparks*

Ya but the thing was crush, i was standing up and watching the bridge as they went past me i wasnt lying down... probably should of been but i wasnt. Sorry i was knelling cuz i saw him run past me through the scope on the laser designator.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jakerod @ Jan. 11 2003,23: 0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya but the thing was crush, i was standing up and watching the bridge as they went past me i wasnt lying down... probably should of been but i wasnt. Sorry i was knelling cuz i saw him run past me through the scope on the laser designator.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

You were standing/kneeling?

They always got me when they saw me targeting the Bridge...

Maybe it has something to do with movement. I usually look around a bit when I'm lazing the Bridge. (Not much though, just to check any movement on the bridge)

They must have noticed that...

Did you move?

Maybe the AI has problems with finding a moveless laser-targeting BlackOp.  confused.gif

i think this might of been after the bridge got blown up and i was still looking through the scope cuz they all sprinted past me. I dont think i moved maybe a little but not much not until they were way ahead of me atleast.

I found that the easiest sp mission I ever played for OFP (but for trainings missions). Just keep low, sneak trough the forest, crawl over the open field, position yourself on the hill below the church, mark the bridge until it blows, then sneak away through the patrols in the west. I didn't shoot a single soldier, never got spotted and accomplished the task before the convoy hit the bridge.

All it needs is for you to take your time and not rush in there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 22 2003,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found that the easiest sp mission I ever played for OFP<span id='postcolor'>

So, you had a tough time driving the Hummer, ay? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 22 2003,06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 22 2003,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found that the easiest sp mission I ever played for OFP<span id='postcolor'>

So, you had a tough time driving the Hummer, ay? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol !! biggrin.gif And lets not forget flying that helicopter around from point A to point B.

it was really a milk-run. I drove with the trabbi from the house at starting point way south and lasered SW from the bridge. no patrols there...felt like cheating. wink.gif

should have made the sp-missions before the campaign...