Hello, community! I received a small example of a already done and created campaign. I wanted to test my skills and learn how to create one. I created 3 small test missions and followed all the steps needed to configure the files and names inside the campaign's folders. What I wanted to know was how to upload the campaign itself and publish it to STEAM for a test. I tried with the Arma 3 Tools Publisher, but the program requires .pbo files to be uploaded. What do I do in this case in order to publish it? Cheers! 🙂 

Campaigns are pbo files.

Do you really have a Campaign aka a mod? In that case you'd just upload it as a mod with Publisher.

If you have separate missions then you need to upload them from 3DEN Editor.

2 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Campaigns are pbo files.

Do you really have a Campaign aka a mod? In that case you'd just upload it as a mod with Publisher.

If you have seperate missions then you need to upload them from 3DEN Editor.

I have separate missions because I followed the already existing example with the .cpp file etc. I want to have everything in one working campaign and not publish every single mission one after another. How do I do that? Do I need to somehow convert the mission's file into a .pbo file first? Do I need to use PBO Manager in this case?

3 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgMissions
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Campaign_Description.ext

If you need a example to work off of, Arma 3 Samples has a example campaign with two missions (Arma 3 Samples/Scenario_Design)

Thank you, I know all this, I have the files, folders, examples etc. I have created the missions and the campaign itself. I have reworked all example files I have according to my mission's needs. The question is how to upload it and publish it to the STEAM workshop? I understood it has to be with Arma 3 Tools - Publisher and I need to publish it somehow, as a mod or something like that. For that I'd need a .pbo file. It wouldn't let me upload it if that's not so. Do I need to create .pbo files, place it somewhere or anything like that and how? Cheers! 🙂

5 minutes ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

Do I need to create .pbo files, place it somewhere or anything like that and how?

Yes. You can use Arma 3 Tools - Addon Builder to create a pbo.
Then create a folder structure like this
@MyCampaign
 \addons
  \mycampaign.pbo

And then upload the @MyCampaign folder using Arma 3 Tools - Publisher.

19 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

@MyCampaign
 \addons
  \mycampaign.pbo

I will test it now, dude, and then let you know if it worked for me. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

@MyCampaign
 \addons
  \mycampaign.pbo

I created the .pbo file using Addon Builder successfully.

I created a folder named @Campaign_1, according to my campaign's name (just a test one for now, for personal use). I placed it inside the main Arma 3 folder. Inside I placed the second folder - addons and inside it - the .pbo file of my campaign. When I try to upload it using Publisher the path name is somehow not correct. It asked me for the addons folder - it's missing.

Edited: When I try to upload ANY of the .pbo files just to check, the same message pops up in the line: Error: Missing addons folder. 

Edited by black_hawk_mw2_87

37 minutes ago, black_hawk_mw2_87 said:

When I try to upload it using Publisher the path name is somehow not correct. It asked me for the addons folder - it's missing.

Edited: When I try to upload ANY of the .pbo files just to check, the same message pops up in the line: Error: Missing addons folder. 

You select the @Campaign_1 folder in Publisher. That should work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

You select the @Campaign_1 folder in Publisher. That should work.

It did! 🙂 Thank you!