Sign in to follow this  
BRPVP

Best CPU for Arma 3 server, afordable

Hi,

I actually run a server at home in a i7 4790K overclocked to 4.6Ghz.

I want to buy a new server machine. Can you suggest a processor that gives reasonable better performance than my actual one?

I'm considering overclocking the new processor especialy if there is no need to change the voltages.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have  i7 4790k overclocked to 4.6 GHz as well in my current game PC and Arma (client) runs just fine with it. I'm building a new gaming PC soon and planning to use this old 4790k for Arma server PC.

BRPVP do you mind sharing more specs of your server PC? What kind of SSD you're using if any? What about RAM? What's your server PC's OS? I am also curious how your 4790k has performed in this role. What kind of Arma server you're running (like DayZ mods with lot of player bases or Antistasi... etc) and how many players there are simultaneously?

I'd also like to hear about overall Arma 3 server processor recommendations if anyone with experience can share their knowledge. Should we go for high GHz (like on client side) also? If not, what about new AMD processors? Knowing Arma and servers, I doubt new AMDs would be optimized for this, but positive surprises are always welcome.

9900K with fastest memory smth like DDR4@4000

Watercooled, overclockable to around 5.3 all cores

On 3/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Korppari said:

Hi,

I have  i7 4790k overclocked to 4.6 GHz as well in my current game PC and Arma (client) runs just fine with it. I'm building a new gaming PC soon and planning to use this old 4790k for Arma server PC.

BRPVP do you mind sharing more specs of your server PC? What kind of SSD you're using if any? What about RAM? What's your server PC's OS? I am also curious how your 4790k has performed in this role. What kind of Arma server you're running (like DayZ mods with lot of player bases or Antistasi... etc) and how many players there are simultaneously?

I'd also like to hear about overall Arma 3 server processor recommendations if anyone with experience can share their knowledge. Should we go for high GHz (like on client side) also? If not, what about new AMD processors? Knowing Arma and servers, I doubt new AMDs would be optimized for this, but positive surprises are always welcome.

i7 4790K at 4,6 Ghz

16 GB of ram at 1600 Mhz
120 GB SSD driver

Running mission BRPVP, that i did, with tons of things happening on the server, many simultaneous missions, bases, turrets defending bases, many vehicles, 10-20 players.

Performance is really good.

The i7 4790K was for a long time the best single thread processor in Pass Mark Single Thread performance table.