Specky-21

New To Modeling for Arma 3 | Failing to Import OBJ With error "IMPORT FAILED: Parse error in OBJ file "MA10S Tryha.obj" Extra characters on line (maybe more vertices on face, than supported..."

I recently started trying to make a weapon for Arma 3, and it seems like every step of the way a new issue arises in the learning process (Luckily this forum exists!).  So, the newest issue has been bugging me for a model I made when I try to import it into Oxygen.

"

---------------------------
Object Builder
IMPORT FAILED: Parse error in OBJ file "MA10S Tryha.obj" 

Extra characters on line (maybe more vertices on face, than supported - four) at line: 496
OK   
"

I verified that all the polygons on my model were quadrilateral or tris.  So, I'm at a loss.

(I may not have used the perfect wording for that, but I hope my point comes across!)  I use Blender as well.

Whats the tris count of the model?

If you use Blender you might want to look into FHQToolbox addon so that you can export directly to p3d.

21 hours ago, Specky-21 said:

Extra characters on line (maybe more vertices on face, than supported - four) at line: 496

pretty sure that is because of an Ngon. Make sure you triangulate the entire model before export