Blitzen88

Vehicle Fuel, Armor, and Ammo Regeneration Script?

Whenever I play Arma I almost exclusively play with the Advanced AI Command mod with large scale combined arms styled missions.  Throughout the mission vehicles will be damaged and or run out of fuel/ammo.  Although I often times give myself access to logistics (fuel/ammo/repair) trucks, moving those vehicles to the front lines can take some time to do.  Although this is more realistic, I would prefer to spend my  time playing the missions instead of babysitting logistics trucks.

Is there any sort of script which slowly regenerates armor, fuel, and ammo for vehicles?  Preferably something that would slowly regenerate full ammo/armor/fuel over the course of 3-5 minutes and would stop running when ever the unit dies?  

14 minutes ago, Blitzen88 said:

Whenever I play Arma I almost exclusively play with the Advanced AI Command mod with large scale combined arms styled missions.  Throughout the mission vehicles will be damaged and or run out of fuel/ammo.  Although I often times give myself access to logistics (fuel/ammo/repair) trucks, moving those vehicles to the front lines can take some time to do.  Although this is more realistic, I would prefer to spend my  time playing the missions instead of babysitting logistics trucks.

Is there any sort of script which slowly regenerates armor, fuel, and ammo for vehicles?  Preferably something that would slowly regenerate full ammo/armor/fuel over the course of 3-5 minutes and would stop running when ever the unit dies?  

There was a topic involving this already, try to do a little more research on forums before creating another topic... Here ya go, I asked for this a couple weeks ago and this is what worked for me. Have a go at it!  Just look through the replies for @GEORGE FLOROS GR script as the others were outdated perhaps. His worked best for me and was easily modifiable. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I researched a little bit and most of what I found seemed to invlove creating stationary repair areas with triggers. 

I was hoping to find something that could be applied to vehicles and wasnt tied to a particular area. 

I will check out the link. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blitzen88 said:

Sorry, I researched a little bit and most of what I found seemed to invlove creating stationary repair areas with triggers. 

I was hoping to find something that could be applied to vehicles and wasnt tied to a particular area. 

I will check out the link. Thanks for the help!

Ahhh yes, this is also a stationary type trigger... I'm unaware of any that are out there that you could use while flying... I would imagine stationary triggers would be better as it adds to the immersion and realisticness to the mission but then again, I have no clue what your mission entails. Anyhow I wish you luck on your search and if that topic helped, glad I could be of assistance! Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Hello there Blitzen88  !

Please write below what exacly you need to do , in order to get some help !

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Blitzen88  !

Please write below what exacly you need to do , in order to get some help !

Hello!

As I mentioned, I like to play with the Advanced AI Command mod when playing combined arms missions.  This leads to me commanding all of the units on a particular side.  Through out the course of the mission vehicles, in particular land vehicles like APCs and tanks, are damaged as a result of combat or they run out of fuel/ammo.  I usually give myself access to logistic trucks to resupply and refuel any damaged units but this can be quite an ordeal with the AI's poor driving; I end up spending almost as much time managing the logistical convoy as I do fighting the AI.

I would like the take the logistics out of the mission by having vehicles, namely APCs and Tanks, regenerate their health, ammo, and fuel.  To give some specifics:

• It would be preferable if healing was applied incrementally instead of being applied all at once.  For instance, maybe a tank would heal from 20% health to 100% health over the course of 2-3 minutes.
  • Incremental healing would be preferred over instantaneous healing to limit the amount of impact the script would have during combat.
  • I suppose the preferred way of having it work would to have a timer count down from the time a unit takes its most recent amount of damage.  This would mean the script would not heal a unit during combat; a unit would have to avoid damage for X amount of time before the incremental healing would kick in.
  • It would be preferred that the script was not reliant on naming a unit.  I use JEBUS to respawn both friendly and enemy units and a unit's name is not re-applied after it respawns.
  • Script would need to stop once the unit dies.

I think thats about it for the specifics....?  Im open to suggestions.  Like I said, I was hoping to have something like this so I dont have to worry/spend time fooling around with logistics.

PS.

I tried the repair trigger script you wrote and it works really well! I put it over my helipads to refuel, repair, and reload my helicopters in the missions I play.

• Thanks 1